|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 15, 2020|
|Category|| Pharmacy |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Julphar Pharmaceuticals PLC is a joint venture between Gulf Pharmaceuticals Industries (Julphar) U.A.E and MEDTECH Ethiopia which is involved in the manufacturing of LIFE SAVING Drugs for the local Ethiopian market use as well as for export. Julphar is looking for new candidates who can join a work team with big ambitions, potentials and commitment to improve the quality of life for our end customers.
Job Summary/Main Purpose
- To oversee all aspects of pharmaceutical production, including manufacturing and packaging operations.
- To monitor, supervise and coordinate all activities of production from start to final, plans trouble shootings for existing products.
Under the guidance of the Production Manager, the Sr. Production pharmacist shall carry out the following duties:
- Plan and maintain production schedules and measures progress by established standards of performance.
- Develop schedules from the master production program establishing sequence and time frame for manufacturing operations in order to meet production requirements.
- Set up operational series for production operation processes and directs the implementation on all manufacturing and packaging lines.
- Manage facilities and equipment cleaning and sanitation.
- Forecasts the consequences of production activities and responsible for the decisions made under scope.
- Recognizes and solves problems affecting production including schedules, staff, quality and order of production line.
- Designs to reduce total production lead time and effective utilization of working hours.
- Responsible for maintaining product quality standards as per cGMP requirements.
- Involves in production scale up and validation activities.
- Prepares and reviews manufacturing records, process validation records and SOPs.
- Responsible to ensure that all SOPs are implemented and documented.
- Responsible for follow-up and receiving of machines before and after maintenance
- Checks the calibration and preventive maintenance status of machines
- Maintains appropriate GMP records for all manufacturing operations.
- Ensures that all batch records are properly completed on time.
- Performs, manages and records all change control and deviation procedures.
- Prepares all documents and records of production for internal and external inspection.
- Manages, organizes and coordinates shift arrangement of production activities.
- Assists the production Team Leader in preparation of monthly and weekly plans and reports.
- Strictly follow to reduce wastage during manufacturing and follow disposal of production waste.
- Develops daily and weekly work Plan and allocates the required manpower.
- Supervises staff and operation of all production lines.
- Provides on-job and class room trainings for all production employees as per the training calendar and as required.
- Is responsible and authorized to take minor disciplinary measures as per the personnel manual.
- Follows hygienic conditions of the staff on production.
- Implement and follow safety procedures.
- Checks on the status of fire extinguishers and record on the appropriate form.
- Respect and obey the rules and regulation and sign and abide by the company’s code of operation.
- Performs all additional works as instructed by Production Manager.
- BSc in Pharmacy
Minimum relevant experience
- More than 5 years of experience in Production pharmacist (Experience in manufacturing industry is advantageous)
- Team player
- Good Command of English.
- Dedicated and willing to work under stressful condition
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Good manufacturing Practice (GMP).
- Good leadership skills
- Scheduled and organized
- Capacity to solve problem and to make sound decision.
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements are requested to submit their credentials at the company’s head office located near Yerer, Jakros Real Estate Compound, around Ambassador Textile Factory till April 30, 2020 during office hours. For further information please contact HR department via email@example.com or 0116-67 03 55/31.