|Location||Jigjiga, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 24, 2020|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Ethiopian Red Cross Society is a humanitarian organization working in partnership with the Ethiopian government as an auxiliary to the government since 8th July 1935, with partners the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Society (IFRC), ICRC and other National Societies. Its vision is to be a strong, self-reliant and the most efficient humanitarian organization in Ethiopia in reaching the most vulnerable. Our mission is to prevent and alleviate human suffering and to contribute to the wellbeing of mankind and prevalence of peace. It works on six core programs including Disaster preparedness response and disaster risk reduction (DPR /DRR), Resource Mobilization, Volunteers & Members management and Engagement, Image Building and Humanitarian Diplomacy, Capacity Building and Promotion of the Culture of Peace and Non-Violence.. Following the recurrent drought, Increased chronic food insecurity and increased natural and manmade disasters ERCS is regularly trying to strengthen its capacity to address the above issues and increase its members and volunteers. Thus, ERCS is inviting applications from external qualified staffs that can fulfill the requirements of the post to fill the following vacancy that exist at Jigjiga, Somali Region of Ethiopia.
Terms of Employment:- Permanent (After 3 Months of probation period)
Work Unit: Volunteer Management and Branch Development Coordination
Reports to: Coordinator, Volunteer Management and Branch Development
Specific Duties and Responsibilities of Volunteers Officer
Directly accountable to the Head of Volunteers and Branch Development, the volunteer officer shall be in charge of the following major duties and responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes. coordinates and follows up the functions of the volunteer management of the branch;
- Monitors effective implementation of the Society's volunteer Policy and Management Guideline:
- Gives technical support to Branches in the Region volunteer recruitment and management;
- Devises mechanisms and strategies to build the Society's capacity in terms of increased membership and advice and support accordingly.
- Puts to effect and monitors the rules and regulations stipulated in the Charter on the acquisition of membership, conditions for membership, rights of members, and revocation and recovery of membership effectively enforced across the board; proposes amendments on these as deemed necessary based on feedback obtained in the course of exercising these stipulations
- Continuously assesses and evaluates the effectiveness of the Society's nationwide membership programs and look for ways of improving the programs so as to bring about positive changes;
- Studies and implements ways of keeping a database for the Society's members, volunteers and youths; ensures that the membership database of the Society is updated and organized in terms of membership type categories ( regular membership, Life membership, honorary membership, corporate membership, and Red Cross Youth membership
- Makes sure that volunteers training programs and experience sharing forums arc properly attended and utilized;
- Initiates strategies to mobilize all categories of volunteers including, professional, business community and institutional volunteers;
- Coordinates the Society's efforts in terms of mobilizing tens of thousands of volunteers supporting the Society's cause in each of the zone branches;
- Coordinates with the program/projects design and monitoring work unit officers, makes sure that all zonal/woreda branches volunteers are assigned to existing FRCS regular programs and projects in their respective areas; Ensures volunteers relationships with program/project staff are smooth;
- Devises effective ways for recruiting volunteers and youths to partner and support the Society's regional programs;
- Assists zone branches' endeavour to form and strengthen Red Cross youth associations and different volunteer task groups;
- Participates in conferences and other meetings on matters of volunteer;
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities of the job as assigned by the Head of DRM Division.
- Second/ First degree in Pedagogical Science/Social Work/ Sociology/ Social Anthropology/ Social Psychology/ Applied Psychology or in any other relevant Social Science field/ Public Administration/ Management / Political Science & International Relations, Education & 1/ 3 years respectively relevant work experience,
Other skills & Competencies
- Training in communication, Advocacy, Community Mobilization, Training of Trainers Training (TOT), Volunteers Management
- High level communication, Relationship management skill, working with the community and Volunteer
- Fluent in English, Somali and Amharic languages and Well familiar with Somali region context
- Ability to work closely, professionally, and constructively with all others regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender, religion, race, tribe, or cultural background
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form from the official website of the Ethiopian Red Cross in vacancy menu http://www.redcrosseth.org/get-involved/vacancy and email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of this announcement on August 30 , 2020. Or submit a non-returnable copy of all their credentials, recommendation letters, Proof of experience, an updated CV and cover later by not later than 30 of August 2020 to the Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS), Somali branch, PO. Box:-65, Jigjiga, Ethiopia. Or can submit in person at the ERCS Office Jigjiga.