|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 4, 2021|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Term of Employment: Full time
Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: August 11, 2021
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate the development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sectors partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great teamwork to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution to changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training, and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
The Statistician is responsible to collect, manage and organize data and documents from projects, and analyze, generate reports for decision-makers. He/she also develops datahub to improve the advisory system, avail the data set and handle the data request by consolidating data from different database systems.
The statistician will report to the Senior M&E manager and will work with the team members and project managers from Federal and regional offices. The Statistician will collect structured and unstructured data and organize, analyze, and generate reports as required.
v Identify new sources of data and methods to improve data collection and analysis
- Gathers or use existing numerical project data helping users to make sense of quantitative data and to spot trends and make predictions.
- Lead programming of the instruments into electronic data collection systems (KOBO, CSPro, survey CTO, etc).
- Determine methods for finding or collecting data.
- Design surveys or experiments or opinion polls to collect data (Baseline, Evaluations, Operations research).
- Monitor the online data entry/monitoring systems for baseline, evaluation and other studies
- Collect data or train others to do so; analyze and interpret data and report conclusions from their analyses.
- Design studies, data collection tools, and analysis plans.
- Ensure data and information collection tools, processes, and procedures are in compliance.
- Designing and implementing data gathering/management computer systems and software.
- Ensure data collection is optimized to provide crystal-clear visibility into the past, present, and future behaviors of our users.
v Pursue data quality, troubleshoot data validation, and see issues to resolution
- Lead data quality assurance, analytics, data visualization and client support for the ATA projects
- Analyze structured and unstructured data using quantitative, qualitative, and/or mixed methods
- Conveying complex information to ATA staff who may not be specialists.
- Retrieve data from database or electronic files as requested.
- Contribute to performance data quality assurance, analysis, data visualization and client support.
v Generates, analyse, and interprets common statistical data and reports.
- Using statistical tools to interpret data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts.
- Conduct gap assessment and identify key capacity-building needs regarding data collection and analysis
- Provide training to the staff.
v Collaboration with the stakeholders
- Works closely with project stakeholders and fellow team members to suggest and deliver appropriate solutions to operational challenges.
- Works with the team to understand and leverage data sources into the datahub.
- BSc /MSc Degree in Statistics or related fields.
- More than 5 years (with BA) degree or 3 years (with Masters) relevant experience in statistical and data analysis software tools SPSS, STATA and others.
- Familiar with relational databases including SQL Server, MySQL and Progress.
- Experience in Data Visualization tools such as PowerBI, Tableau and SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Experience in data analytics skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of data with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in data collection systems, data analytics, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Experience using, configuring and managing Microsoft SharePoint.
- Familiar with data collection tools.
- Strong analytical skills, especially with agriculture data.
- Works well collaborating with others.
- Strong communication skills - both oral and written.
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 5 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et
Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.