|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 25, 2022|
|Category|| Sales and Marketing |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Targray is a global leader in the sourcing, transportation, storage, trading and distribution of commodities and advanced materials for a broad range of industry sectors.
Established in 1987 in Montreal, Canada, Targray is a global leader in the sourcing, transportation, storage, trading and distribution of commodities and advanced materials for a broad range of industry sectors. Our supply solutions help reduce the world's carbon footprint while enabling our customers to create safer, more reliable products for consumers.
Targray has operations in 11countries and over $890M USD in annual sales. In 2019, the company made its debut appearance on the FP500, Financial Post’s ranking of the top 500 corporations in Canada by revenue.
- Great Place to Work® | Best Workplaces in Quebec (2020)
- Deloitte | Best Managed Companies (2019 - 2022)
- EY Canada | Quebec Entrepreneur of the Year (2016)
- HSBC | International Business Award (2012)
- Profit 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in Canada (2006, 2009)
Targray is currently seeking a Feedstock Trader (Fats & Oils) based in Ethiopia. We are looking for an experienced feedstock trader with expertise in the sourcing and aggregating used cooking oil (UCO) and animal fats - including Poultry Fat, Beef Tallow, Pork Fat, Fish Oils, etc. Experience in edible oils ( vegetable oils, soybean oil, canola oil, or distiller’s corn oil is considered an asset). The feedstock traded will be used to produce Biodiesel and Renewable Diesel Fuel (HVO).
The trader will join our expanding global biofuel feedstock trading desk with traders and originators based in Europe, the Middle East, and North America.
This position will be home-office based, in Ethiopia.
- Developing new trading opportunities and supply/origination sources in Ethiopia and other sub-Saharan African countries.
- Working closely with the Biofuel Feedstock Trading Team, and the biodiesel trading teams in North America and Europe.
- Collaborating with Targray’s Risk and Senior Management teams.
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with suppliers and end users.
- Collaborating closely with the operations and logistics team to ensure smooth and timely trades.
- Monitoring market trends to capitalize on trading opportunities.
- Proven track record of originating/trading in the animal fats and/or Used Cooking Oil sector.
- Strong existing network of relevant contacts in the Fats and Oils industry including producers, rendering facilities, and aggregators/collectors.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team members on a remote basis.
- Highly competitive remuneration
- Flexible work arrangement policy
- Comprehensive benefits package
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We are committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. We welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds, and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. When people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.