|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 14, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Summary Scope of Work:
The Storekeeper, working with and under the Logistics Officer, will provide operational and logistics support to the Jhpiego Ethiopia country office. He/she will work closely with the operations and program team to ensure the smooth running of operations. This will include stock materials management, fixed asset management, and other administrative and clerical tasks fall under the position.
- Position Reports To: Logistics Officer
- Position Supervised: None
All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
- Model the mission and values stated above.
- Actively participate in the business development process.
- Actively participate in the knowledge sharing and transfer process.
- Make responsible decisions that result in both time and cost containment
- Plan store space and loading\unloading labor based on purchase order.
- Reconciliation of the specified need and incoming materials at least for “5Rs” right quality, right quantity, right price, right supplier and right time.
- Accepting materials to store and listing the materials detail on the goods receiving note pad, signing and distributing the copies which will be the base for effecting payments and other records.
- Properly and safely arranging materials in store.
- Preparation and updating bin-cards for each and every item.
- Reviewing store requisition and goods issue note whether the materials are requested and approved by a right person for the intended purpose or not.
- Issuing the material and transferring the responsibility by securing signature and keeping the record.
- Especial hand-over document, record keeping and controlling mechanism is applied if the material is fixed asset, for donation, of high value …etc.
- Ensuring that all donation materials are distributed as per Jhpiego requirements and necessary document are fulfilled.
- Implement distribution or dispatches of materials to partners and external offices.
- Support program assistants and officers in logistics requirements for trainings, courses and workshops and other program needs.
- Keep & file all the necessary document for the donation & stock items
Fixed Asset Management
- Maintaining all necessary information of the asset in detail and assigning tag of the organization.
- Issuing the asset to the custodians securing approval and receiver signature on the standard fixed asset handover document.
- Receiving back while return, with careful physical and technical inspection referring the base document.
- Especial and close control over assets not permanently assigned to responsible staff but used temporarily by individuals, groups or by the organization as a whole
- Issuing and collecting back fixed assets categorized for floating with careful physical and technical inspection, filling and updating temporary fixed asset loan format for each & every movement.
- Conducting a periodic physical inventory for stock & IT items and prepare reconciliation report on quarterly basis
Required Qualifications, Abilities & Skills:
- Diploma in Supplies Management or related business field
- At least 2 year of experience in Logistics/Store Management or procurement related areas, preferably in an international NGO
- Demonstrated capability of Stores Management systems
- Good computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, e-mail/outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work proactively, organize and manage own work and assist others to do the same