|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 26, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position: Storekeeper (Re-advert)
Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: February 02, 2020
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
The Storekeeper is responsible to manage all project input materials at our Kality warehouse and vehicle spare parts in ATA head office, including dispatching and receiving deliveries, coordinating and documenting warehouse transactions, maintaining records, and overseeing left-over property/ inventories in the warehouse.
In addition, the Storekeeper will be responsible for tracking, analysing and improving store performance by forecasting of weekly/daily consumption and forecasting, scheduling, and monitoring labour to be consistent with store activities and inventory budgets and consumption schedules.
- Prepare purchase request and follow up the process.
- Ensure minimum stock level is maintained.
- Receive and verify inspection report.
- Receive materials and prepares goods receiving note and keeps proper documentation.
- Issue materials as per authorized requisition and keeps proper documentation.
- Ensure proper updating of documents in accordance with the item’s movement.
- Maintain stock for smooth operation; monitors the stock movements and prepares regular warehouse report and shares with respective units.
- Organizes the arrangement of items in proper location and coding for easy retrieval.
- Ensure damage and discrepancy report is timely shared.
- Dispatch Donation and other equipment’s to intended recipients and keep proper documentation.
- Supervise Delivered items accuracy according to a prescribed inventory system.
- Manage daily laborers while on loading and unloading process is ongoing.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships and good customer service.
- Maintain the warehouse in a neat, orderly and organized manner.
- Perform an additional responsibility when required.
- Create action plan to address cost control issues.
- Prepare weekly and monthly stock report.
- Conduct annual inventory counts and prepare annual inventory reports.
- Prepare reconciliation report and submit for approval.
- Ensure proper record keeping is maintained for all store related documents.
- Advanced diploma in material/supply chain management, accounting or other related fields.
- At least 2 and above years of experience in a similar field with commercial, governmental or humanitarian organization.
- Sound knowledge and working experience of inventory management system such as project input materials, parts, donation item, web-based stock tracking and/or data analysis management.
- Sound knowledge of methods and procedures related to the receipt, storage, and requisitions of supplies and materials.
- Knowledge of ERP system.
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and/ store management including report writing skills (Office 365, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Office).
- Personal qualities including strong human relations & interpersonal and communication skills, suitable for teamwork & synergy, responsiveness, proactive thinking.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Amharic.
- Experience establishing organizational systems to improve efficiency and functioning in a fast pace environment.
- Innovative and problem-solving skills and capacity to deliver under pressure.
- High level of commitment and working with minimal supervision
- Willing to work extra hours as needed.
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to send (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) at http://apply.ata.gov.et
Also, please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application form.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
NB. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.