|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 31, 2021|
|Category|| Economics |
Sales and Marketing
|Job Type|| Full-time |
To carry out specific investigative analysis of JTI Ethiopia market and export market data at national and regional level, as well as at brand, customer and consumer level to gather valuable insights as an input into company strategies. To conduct planning and forecasting based upon in depth analysis of the above data. To set up and carry out routine reporting on sales volumes, pricing, distribution and merchandising. To work closely with Marketing & Sales pillars in determining needs for consumer and customer insights and designing appropriate research projects to gather those insights. To manage information and data from the Business Intelligence (BI) or TME system and generate and disseminate relevant reports from it.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Market Modelling: Develop and maintain common market model reflecting external factors, internal factors, market trends, JTI and competitor's position in order to deliver reliable forecasts. Maximize model effectiveness by utilizing as much historical data as possible and by focus on model automation and integration streamline planning periods across market functions.
- Strategic Insight: Work in close collaboration with the Trade & Consumer teams to have the most up to date market & business dynamics as well as competitive strategies and identify potential issues that could arise in order to take action and hence, advantage versus competition. Generate sound and actionable recommendations. Take ownership of and supervise tools and systems providing commercial insights. Establish and maintain regular market pricing updates and contribute into volume/pricing strategies in cooperation with Finance and M&S departments. Support key stakeholders with ad-hoc presentations and business cases, ensure high level of business decision support for market management. Be regularly present in the field/market to observe/gather information and be up to date on market dynamics.
- Performance Reporting: Develop a Management Information System (MIS) in close cooperation with Finance and Sales teams, considering digital opportunities available and developed by JTI Globally. Provide market users with efficient reporting services by means of regular ad-hoc reporting and ensuring timely and accurate update and propose how to further evolve, simplify and streamline the structure and contents of reports & dashboards to fit with changing needs.
- Strategic planning & presentations: Provide all the necessary inputs for Annual Strategic Plan (ASP) as well as act as a liaison between different departments on delivering ASP in a timely manner. Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with HQ & Region and with other markets
- Budget: Ensure proper budget management to guarantee effective allocation of the resources.
- Other tasks and assignments as required
- BA Degree in Marketing, Business management, Economics or related fields.
- Minimum 3 years working experience, preferably 2~3 years in consumer research agency or market research department, experience in data analysis is crucial ideally in a FMCG company. Experience from FMCG Sales is valuable. Comfortable in working at senior management level.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their application letter, Curriculum vitae only through email address email@example.com and the application should be before the application deadline.
Application email subject shall state the position title Failure to comply with the guideline may lead to immediate rejection.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.