|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 24, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Contract |
- Design the overall (participatory) strategic planning process and agree the details with the EXCOM.
- Recommend the operational structure, timeframe and methodologies required to take forward the strategic planning process, including the establishment of a Task Force and the identification of required inputs for each step.
- Undertake an internal and external environmental scan through desk top research and stakeholder consultations, and identify the key strategic issues to be addressed, in consultation with the EXCOM or any Task Force established by the latter for this purpose.
- Review and facilitate the sector’s validation of ECSOC’s values, vision and mission.
- Formulate and agree a series of goals describing the organisational status of ECSOC over the next three years.
- Devise key strategies to reach the identified goals and to address key strategic issues.
- Develop an integral M&E system to measure the progress and impact of the Strategic Plan.
- Draft the overall Strategic Plan according to a template to be agreed in advance with EXCOM and present this to a validation workshop.
- Incorporate feedback, finalise the Strategic Plan, and develop activity plans (in the form of three costed annual work plans) to guide the roll-out of the Strategic Plan, the resources required, and the assignment of responsibilities across ECSOC’s secretariat and its membership.
- Facilitate the design, publication, infographics, and dissemination of the finalised plan.
- Provide appropriate orientation to EXCOM members and the ECSOC secretariat on implementation of the Strategic Plan.
- Advise on an appropriate organisational structure to deliver the plan’s objectives (in consultation with the Human Resources expert).
- Undertake any other related tasks as assigned by the Executive Director, EXCOM president, or TAU TL or their representatives.
- An Inception Report within 7 working days of commencing the assignment, describing the expert’s understanding of the ToR (including any suggested changes), proposed approach (covering points I and II above) to accomplish the tasks required, and a detailed work plan showing activities and milestone dates. The Report should be no more than 10 pages long, excluding annexes. Following a review and approval of the Inception Report by the EXCOM of ECSOC and TAU/EUD, and quality clearance by ICE HQ, the report will be considered final.
- A Final Progress Report (maximum 20 pages excluding annexes) at the end of the assignment describing the tasks planned and completed, the outputs produced, including any problems encountered, solutions found and detailed recommendations and guidelines for the EXCOM of ECSOC to take forward the implementation of the Strategic Plan. All finalised deliverables (Inception Report, validated Strategic Plan, annual work plans and other implementation modalities and proposed organisational structure, as detailed in the scope of work section above) required under these ToRs shall be attached to the final report as annexes.
LOGISTICS AND TIMEFRAME
The operational base for the Strategic Planning Expert will be the CSO Council’s Secretariat Office, which is currently being provided by the Ethiopian Civil Society Forum in Addis Ababa. Office accommodation with basic furniture as well as access to telephone, internet, copying and printing facilities can also be made available as required at the TAU’s office in Bole. The Expert is expected to provide his/her own personal computer and cell phone.
The start date tentatively shall be mid November 2021. The performance period is currently set at 30 working days, to be delivered over a period of two calendar months.
- At least a first degree (preferably a master’s degree) in Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Organisational Development, Economics, or related field.
- Previous demonstrated experience in strategic planning processes.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken Amharic and English.
- At least ten years’ working experience in relevant field.
- At least three years of the above experience should be in an advisory position.
- In depth knowledge of national and global development contexts.
- In depth knowledge of various development tools.
- Demonstrable experience in, and understanding of, Organisational Development.
- In depth knowledge of the Civil Society sector in Ethiopia.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, a similar CSO council or network internationally.