|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 27, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 and is implementing coordinated, community-managed programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recovery of livelihood of the disaster-affected population, including host communities, through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions, and emergency response.
The Strategy Development Intern will contribute to support developing the IRC Ethiopia’s Strategy Action Plan - “S100”. The position reports to the Deputy Director for Programs and is based in Addis Ababa with occasional trips to field sites, if needed. The Intern will work collaboratively with members of the S100 Country Team as well as the Regional S100 Support Team.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Strategy Development and Presentation
- Support preparations and facilitation for strategy-related workshops
- Liaise with regional strategy development support team
- Track and monitor inputs from all strategy collaborators
- Compile and summarize inputs and key reflections from strategy meetings
- Document SAP decision making process (final workshop)
- Support finalizing internal and external Country Program Strategy documents
Communication and Information Management
- Distribute to IRC staff all documentation (grant proposals, reports, budget, etc.) related to their specific programs
- Maintain an updated inventory of all communications related to strategy development and ensure communication and visibility requirements are consistent with IRC’s visibility standards
- Bachelor’s degree (life science, business or humanities)
- Fluency in English, spoken and written, required; Fluency in Amharic required. (the written English skills will be tested through an exam)
- Good communicator with strong organizational, time management and analytical skills
- Excellent inter-personal, cultural and diplomatic skills
- Enjoys interacting with people
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, meet demanding deadlines and work under pressure in unstable security environments
- Strong computer skills required
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are encouraged to apply only through the below IRC On-line recruitment website:
Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short-listed and contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Permanent Address and present address (if different from permanent) and telephone number if possible also email address
- Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
- IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
- Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.