|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 11, 2020|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position: Sub-grant Director
Term of Employment: Full Time
Duty Station(s): One year with possibility of extension
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: August 17, 2020
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
The Sub-grant Director will be a core member of the Operations team, leading a team that works to create, maintain and facilitate effective relations between ATA and its implementation partners. The Sub-grant Director has the overall responsibility of providing update on both technical progress and financial utilization of sub-grantees to relevant bodies. The director manages the complete sub-grant process at the phases of pre-award, post-award and sub-grant closure.
The Sub-grant Director will report to the Senior Director of Operations.
The specific duties of the Sub-grant Director will include the following:
- Manages and supervises the sub-grant team to ensure efficient delivery of its role and compliance with the development partners requirements.
- Coordinates with Partnerships Director establishing working modalities in order to meet program objectives and government/donor requirements.
- Oversees the implementation of Sub-grant manual which stipulates the key activities and actors involved in sub-grant inception, solicitation, evaluation, monitoring and closeout process.
- Manages sub-grant processes in collaboration with program teams to ensure that they are properly coordinated and consistent with internal program priorities, cross cutting issues and donor priorities and requirement.
- Identifies issues related to sub-grant in a timely manner and propose appropriate program adjustments.
- Monitors grant expenditure for assigned activities and the compliance of sub-grant reports with requirements specified in the sub-grant agreement.
- Supervises Liaison with internal and external auditors and follow up any audit queries.
- Manages a comprehensive database of sub-grantees to facilitate tracking of sub-grantees performances.
- Reviews and presents internal technical and financial updates pertaining to grants management for Senior Management Team.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Minimum of master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, International Development or other relevant field of study, obtained from a recognized University.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in the management of sub-grants, of which 5 years should be in a senior position.
- Experience in sub-grant managements.
- Professional certification and other advanced training in grants management software
- Excellent sub-grants management skill and ability to build relationships with government counterparts, NGOs, and private sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks involving multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary, diverse staff, and multi-sector environment.
- Superior analytical and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and high degree of personal initiative.
- Good skills in Microsoft Office Suite specifically in excel.
- Fluency in English and Amharic is essential; fluency in at least one additional Ethiopian language is a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure, long work hours, and high workload.
- Ability to independently organize work and prioritize tasks as well as work with teams
- Willingness to respect and adhere to ATA values.
- Experience in the agricultural sector and reasonable knowledge of local laws of the country is preferred.
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to send (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages), at firstname.lastname@example.org by mentioning the position tittle on the subject line.
Also, please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application form.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
NB. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.