|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 16, 2020|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT No. 10-2020/21
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic Exchange in Africa. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent and reliable market platform to serve the national development goals through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation and with integrity. ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, Members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to recruit motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
1. Position: Supervisor, Procurement
Duty Station: Addis Ababa - Head Office
Availability: As Soon As Possible
Job Purpose: - The purpose of the job is to actively engage in the development of the division’s plan, budget and performance reports; coordinate, follow up and supervise the whole procurement process end to end on assigned category of procurements to make sure that required tasks are performed properly and consistently and are delivered as per plan; ensure the procurement of the right goods/services with the right price from the right place at the right time; ensure that the procurement records are kept properly; engage in both local and international procurements; serve as secretary to the Procurement Approving Committee when assigned; conduct periodic market surveys; and supervise & monitor the performance of team members.
SUMMARY MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Participate and assist in the preparation of the division’s plan, budget and periodic reports;
· Supervise the proper implementation of the Exchange’s procurement procedure and ensure compliance of the procurement principles in undertaking overall procurement tasks;
- Review purchase requests & specifications and advise user organs for better understanding and planning of procurement needs, development of specification and compliance with procurement procedure;
- Supervise & carry out procurements as per the approved budget, purchase requests and procedures;
- Prepare Request For Quotations, collect offers from approved list of suppliers and submit to the procurement Manager for verification;
- Facilitate & prepare invitation to bids (ITBs), develop standard biding documents and submit to procurement approving committee for ultimate approval;
- Coordinate & perform bid analysis, submit for approval and follow up the receiving;
- Draft procurement contracts in accordance with approval of PAC;
- Facilitate import (international procurements) processes and customs clearances as required;
- Follow up and ensure the validity period for advance payment guarantees and performance bonds;
- Actively engage in establishing and updating ECX’s vendor list;
- Actively participate in the design and implementation of effective procurement database management system;
- Engage in the preparation of periodic market price assessment reports;
- Ensure the development of customer service attitude within the procurement team and handle required internal correspondences and communications of the team
- Keep track of SLAs for services and reports;
- Coach, mentor, develop and assess performance of staffs reporting to him/her;
- Delivers all services and reports within agreed SLAs; and
- Performs other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Required Qualification and Experience
· MA/BA in Procurement & Supplies Management/Business Administration/Economics or related field
· 4/6 years of work experience of MA/ BA respectively in relevant field.
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV with relevant document via: firstname.lastname@example.org or on www.ethiojobs.com, or in hard copy by post with position marked on the envelope: Ethiopia Commodity Exchange, P.O. Box 17341, Addis Ababa on or before October 22, 2020.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE POSITION AND LOCATION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
ECX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female candidates. Only short listed applicants will be contacted