|Location||Sheder, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 26, 2020|
|Category|| Delivery |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Supply Chain Assistant, works closely with camp manager, ensures proper operation of vehicles, proper warehouse and inventory management, effective and timely procurement of materials and services at the camp level within the authorization framework. He/ She will be responsible for timely preparation and reporting of warehouse activities and vehicles movement. She/he also supervises and coaches staff under his/her domain.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
Procurement of materials and service
· Procures materials and services at camp level in compliance with IRC procurement policy and procedure
· Ensures timely payment to suppliers.
· Ensures quality, quantity and timely delivery of procured materials and timely completion of small contracts at camp level.
· Assesses price and availability of materials in the surrounding towns to enable local purchases.
· Assist program staffs in completing PR for every purchase.
· Provides local materials and services price information to programs.
· Assists programs to make timely amendment of PR as necessary.
· Handles PR tracking for all PRs that are sent to Jijiga FO.
· Ensures the camp level procurement of materials and services, and their documentations are in conformity IRC current procurement threshold policy.
· Supervise and ensures proper receipt of by the store keeper.
· Supervise and ensures proper release of materials from the warehouse.
· Supervises and ensures proper management of inventories in te warehouse.
· Supervises and ensures that all the materials in the warehouse have BIN cards and stock cards are well managed.
· Ensures proper delivery of the procured materials to the warehouse.
· Facilitates physical counts and spot checking.
· Makes sure that there is always sufficient space for materials storage in the warehouse.
· Ensures that materials released from warehouse are well documented and reached the end users.
· Ensures the daily vehicle check-list is carried out as per IRC policy and procedure.
· Ensures that vehicles regular maintenance schedules are maintained.
· Monitors vehicle utilization efficiencies.
· Monitors vehicle fuel utilization efficiency.
· Handles vehicle allocation to programmatic activities and maintains the swap system the camp and Jijiga FO.
· Ensures IRC policy in vehicle movement including time of movement, parking, and cleaning of vehicles.
· Maintains sufficient availability of log sheets and proper recording of information.
· Plans and implements security guards shift.
· Supervises performance of security guards.
· Ensures that security guards uniforms are timely provided.
· Ensures safety of IRC properties and facilities are well maintained.
Asset and Office equipment management
· Ensures proper recording and labeling of assets.
· Ensures proper utilization of assets at camp level.
· Ensures proper completion of equipment issue before release of equipment from the warehouse.
· Handles maintenance of office equipment and office machines.
· Ensures proper handling over assets and equipments by the staff at point of departure.
· Ensures proper transfer and recording of equipment and office machines/computers and others/, furniture etc from one person to the other.
· Prepares and submit regular reports to Supply Chain Officer as specified by IRC reporting policy.
· Prepares bi weekly recent warehouse and asset reports and disseminate to respective program persons for action.
· Prepares and submits monthly warehouse and asset reports to Supply Chain Officer as per the mandatory reporting schedules.
Supervision and performance evaluation.
· Supervises and evaluates performance of storekeeper, driver, and security guards.
· Coaches and assists the storekeeper at camp level.
· Perform other tasks a assigned by camp manager.
· Cooperates with all departments and works closely with camp manager in executing supply chain activities at camp level.
Key Work Relationships:
· She/he closely works with all program and support staff so that to effectively and efficiently realize overall organizational mission.
· BA Degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management, Accounting, Business Administration or other related fields with a minimum of one year work experience or College Diploma with a minimum of three years work experience. or
· Minimum of 6 months IRC-Internship service
· NGO experience is plus.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Plus basic computer knowledge (Word, Excel)
· Basic English Spoken and Written
· Good Communication and Interpersonal skill
· Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
· Experience working in remote and hardship areas and ability to work under pressure and stressful situations
Please send your CV, application letter through the following IRC Website or ethiojobs website.
· Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
· Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
· Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be shortlisted and contacted.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
· Name of the position you have applied for
· Date of application
· Summary of your qualifications and experience
· Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
· Permanent Address and present address (if different from permanent) and telephone number
· Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
|Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)? If answer is “yes”, give the following information:|| YES NO|
Recruiter of the position: HR/Admin – Jigjiga
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.