|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 15, 2021|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Contract |
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Supply Chain assistant is responsible for day to day field based warehouse and inventory management for the procurement of materials and services, stock management as well as fleet management. The assistant supports procurement of goods and services, working closely with others in the support department.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Working under the direct supervision of the DRC Support Services Team Leader & Supply Chain Officer, the Supply Chain Assistant will perform the following tasks ;
Warehouse and Inventory Management
- Ensure cleanliness, safety and security of warehouse.
- Receive goods after proper verification of quantity and quality, and prepare GRN/ product receipt for materials purchased offline or through system. Ensure conformity of goods with approved PR and/or PO.
- Properly handle materials with high care and category ssensitivity in accordance with DRC warehouse management policy and procedures. .
- Prepare monthly warehouse report and share with program and support staff for timely utilization of resources.
- Keep track of expiring goods and ensure application of FIFO or FEFO inventory management system..
- Identify and report obsolete materials, asset, equipment for disposal or maintaintainace to the SS team leader.
- Assist asset and GPE custodian in updating registration and tagging of assets and equipments before dipatching from warehouse in line with DRC asset and equipment management handbook. Keep asset transfer/ loan records and reconcile with the record in dynamics.
- Provide information to requesting person up on arrival of purchased goods.
- Ensure clear and dependable warehouse and inventory record is maintained and archived.
- Responsible for initiating PR for loading and offloading of goods and supervision of casual workers during logistical related activities.
Supply chain and Procurement (none warehouse transactional)
- Facilitate procurement of services such as meeting hall, refreshment and accommodation for all trainings and meetings including in camps, and ensure compliance to DRC procurement policy and procedure.
- Process none warehouse transactional procurements such as casual loading and offloading, supply of water using donkey carts, generator repair, equipment maintenance and service, works for program construction works
- In collaboration with procurement officer, assess potential service providers for refreshment, training venue, accommodation and water supplier in camps and process local purchase agreement in accordance with DRC procurement handbook.
- Facilitate request for payment for all purchased services and ensure quality assurance or service confirmation is obtained from requestor to settle payments in time.
- Coordinate with procurement officer to ensure proper tracking of procurement status and provide update to SSTL.
- Perform refueling of rented vehicles, and ensure fuel consumption tracking system and obtain minimum documentation such as logbook, fuel request approval form and invoice to settle payment in time.
- Other relevant tasks to the position as assigned by line manager.
Experience and Technical Competencies: (include years of experience)
- Training in supply chain, ware house management and Logistics
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience preferably with an INGO.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Be a team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good command in both spoken and written English
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in MS office packages are essential
Education (include certificates, licenses etc.):
- Degree/ Diploma in purchasing and supply management, management, finance or relevant fields
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Excellent verbal and written proficiency in Tigrigna and Good command of English and Amharic
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC's vision and values
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than June 26, 2021.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.ngo
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit.