|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 26, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Leadership and Coaching
- Provide leadership to Supply Chain Department to ensure Our Promise strategy is embedded in the Departments’ annual objective and day to day work
- Manage the performance of direct reports through performance reviews, frequent conversations, and other method as appropriate.
- Be courageous in providing coaching or feedback for continuous performance improvement
- Ensure that all Supply Chain staff members understand Procurement, Policies, Processes, and Systems Plan and coordinate departmental meetings to review status of tasks and update Senior Management Team (SLT) on the progress of the departments’ functions.
- Lead monthly appropriate review meetings to address open procurement issues/performance and provide solution, and also communicate the issues & decisions raised with the SLT and the decisions and priorities of SLT with the SCM leadership team.
Ensure Business Requirements are developed and implemented across the organization.
- Proactively engage with suppliers, partners, local authorities, other NGOs, clusters and stakeholders to ensure good coordination and adequate information sharing, address common concerns/problems and seek solutions.
- Work closely with other departments (IP, Finance, P&C, and Resource Acquisition) to ensure the effective management and improvements of Supply Chain
- Manage high-level communication with East Africa Regional office and assure WVE supply chain is effectively communicating updates and progress.
Control and Compliance
- Ensure Supply Chain related risks are identified and captured in the Enterprise Risk Management
- Ensure Risk controls are in place and treatment actions are completed for mitigating / eliminating risks.
- Ensure anti-corruption and fraud mitigation strategies including the internal control framework are in place and implemented.
- Ensure, WV is incompliance with all external and internal regulatory authorities (government entities, regulatory bodies) and process is established for non-compliance management
Supplier Contract and Relationship Management
- Ensure that legally vetted contracts are used for all Strategically Sourced contracts.
- Ensure contract management process is established in resolving contract-related conflicts and continuous improvement.
- Ensure supplier onboarding process and supplier relationship management framework including the communication guidelines & Supplier continuous improvement plan is in place
Process, Procedure and Policy
- Lead business process improvements in Supply chain to improve efficiencies by eliminating non-value add tasks, embedding the continuous improvement culture, meeting customer needs.
- Lead in the development, implementation, and review of policies, standards and procedures for Procurement to ensure they are aligned to WVI expected standards, policies and procedures.
- Managing supply chain Involvement in the AP/project closure to ensure that all procurement related issues and requirements for AP/project closures have been implemented
- Ensure annual procurement planning process in place. Where Partners’ and Sub-grantees are involved in the project implementation, ensure the established process covers such scope as well
- Review and approve Procurement Plans and develop annual sourcing strategy.
- Lead the quarterly review of procurement plans against sourcing plan with business units to ensure requirements are updated.
- Drive reduction in total supply costs and in waste. Develop and agree on annual departmental Objectives and KPIs.
- Ensure SCM has a voice at the strategic planning table. Present the Sourcing Strategy with the RSMCD
- Ensure that operational procedures are stablished based on the global policies, processes, SOPs and business rules. Smooth flow of day to day procurement operations, ensure timely and quality delivery.
Systems Development and Implementation
- Engage and collaborate with Shared Services, Global ProvisionTeam on System challenges to enhance effective use
- Ensure that ProVision Optimization and Transformation Metrics are achieved.
- Generates innovative ideas, approaches and solutions by providing open, accurate and consistent information, while demonstrating support and commitment to others through participation as requested in the Value Analysis Program structure.
- Determine the requirement for the Category, Market and Incumbent Supplier based on the Spend Analysis and Annual Procurement Plans.
- Review the Sourcing Strategy for unidentified opportunities and ensure it meets the global and NO objectives before socializing with stake holders.
- Ensure a Market Assessment and Supplier Pre-Qualification process is in place aligning to the global polices and process.
- Ensure the framework in managing the RFQ/RFP Process including baselines & price survey methodologies.
- Engage with RSCM in assessing new the possibilities of Regional, Sub- Regional negotiations.
- Review Procurement Committee submission documents to ensure their comprehensiveness to allow an informed decision making process
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Develop, track, and evaluate procurement metrics including areas of spend analytics, procure-to-pay process, operational efficiencies, and supplier performance to drive procurement strategy development and implementation.
- Drive operational performance and consider efficiency vs. effectiveness in the form of dashboards, convenient for the review of high-level key indicators.
- Ensure SCM function performance level meets annual targets
Training and Capacity Building
- Ensure that Supply Chain staff are trained on WVI Procurement Policies, Processes, and Systems.
- Ensure that Supply Chain staff are trained and updated on their respective industry and professional trends.
- Ensure Partners' / Sub-Grantees' capacity assessment and capacity building framework is developed and implemented.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
List education, knowledge & skills, licenses preferred, and all experiences required to perform this position in a fully competent manner.
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
List academic requirements (if applicable), technical skills, or other knowledge required as a minimum qualification for this position.
- Masters Degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Engineering, or Business Administration, or equivalent professional qualification (advanced CIPS)
- A minimum of eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, contracts management, contracts administration and/or logistics, of which five (5) years of experience directly related to first-hand procurement and/or contracting is required.
- At least 7 years of experience in managing staff
List additional work experience required as a minimum qualification for this position.
- Self-directed individual able to work well in a team and build a team.
- Good track record of people management and networking skills to work cross organizationally
- People management skills. Strong interpersonal and networking skills to work cross organizationally and with different cultures.