|Location||Ovid Trading House HQ, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 6, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Report to: General Manager
Term of Employment: Permanent
Required Number: One
OVID GROUP is a corporate business group previously established as OVID construction plc. and as a result of its swift growth, the company has now strategically expanded and diversified its investment portfolio into OVID Construction plc, OVID Real Estate, OVID Trading House, OVID Intergrade Heath group, OVID Manufacturing, OVID Venture and OVID IT solution. OVID is an acronym which stands for “Our Vision is Development”. Primarily, OVID Group is focused on identifying the basic needs of people in rendering their required service and provide affordable solutions through adapting alternative and advanced technologies in a wide range of business areas.
OVID Trading House is one of the business units within OVID Group which has been established and legally registered as private limited company to engage on exporting, Importing and local trading. It is mainly focused on but not limited to support sister companies and generate profit through supplying imported and local construction input materials, finishing materials and also exporting coffee, pulses and oilseeds. Hence we are here looking for a high caliber business professional who have the practical experiences related to his/her job title and the ability to work on a challenging business environment/sector
The supply Chain Director is expected to manage and ensure the company’s overall Import-Export, local trade, logistics and warehouse functions is effective and efficient as well as develop and implement strategies and plans to ensure a robust Supply Chain function. The supply Chain Director is responsible for all compliance efforts relating to international trade and regulatory agencies. Developed contingency plans for potential service interruptions, such as capacity and volume issues, new legislation, economic issues, and natural disasters.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Set departmental objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
- Prepare annual procurement plan as per the approved plan and budget, draw implementation action plan through classifying the items in terms of supply risk and expenditure/ price of the item.
- Give top priority for those purchases that have high supply risk and ensure its procurement as per the procurement action plan.
- Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels.
- Prepare and submit monthly and other periodical reports of the Department for the deliberation of general manager and other line departments, as appropriate.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice procurement vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
- Ensure that purchasing policies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets and which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market.
- Create and review opportunities to implement best practice purchasing policies, processes and procedures to the company and improve business performance and deliver best value and business savings.
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
- Provide management reports and key performance data and monitor cost savings.
- Manage relationships with suppliers and select and develop new suppliers.
- Negotiate and manage contract terms with suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders and colleagues.
- Review and negotiate existing agreements to optimize commercial terms.
- Work with suppliers and have a process in place to measure effective performance, quality and compliance. Measure against KPI criteria.
- Ensure professional and consistent supplier management is applied across the supply base in line with the purchasing procedure.
- Ensure required resources are sourced in full and aligned to production schedules and internal and external customer requirements
- Utilize appropriate resources including Supplier Development to ensure appropriate supplier partnerships and delivery of sourced products.
- Manage, coach and develop purchasing, warehouse, and inventory control teams that meet agreed objectives and which deliver best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on purchasing activities.
- Assist general manager in ensuring effective relationships with clients through maintaining an appropriate interface between procurement and suppliers.
- Proactively contribute to creating a good team atmosphere within the department, at Company level and external customers.
Education and Experience
- MSc/MA/BSc/BA degree in Procurement/ Purchasing and Supply Management, Public/ Business Administration, Economics, Management, Accounting, Civil engineering and other related fields.
- For MSc/MA degree, Minimum of 8 years’ progressive practical experience in the field out of which 3 years at managerial level
- For BSc/BA degree, Minimum of 10 years’ progressive practical experience in the field out of which 3 years at managerial level
Skill and Knowledge
- The candidate must have full knowledge of Import/Export procedures
- The candidate must have full knowledge of Ethiopian Customs rules and procedures
- Who has an experience before in exporting coffee, pulses, oil seeds, and other Ethiopian products to all over the worlds, African regions, include all documentation and dealing with forwarder;
- Good knowledge of Ethiopian Commodity Exchange working system
- Proven knowledge of Exportable Agricultural local market price and Supplier networks
- Proven knowledge of Import business and its operation specially for construction materials.
- Proven knowledge of exporting companies which are familiar in the Ethiopian market
- Monitor and maintain relationship with all ocean, air, and consolidator /booking agents to ensure accountability and proactive handling of the supply chain;
- Accountable for advanced planning of logistics provider capacity and volume forecasting to protect on –time shipping;
- Control all raw materials importing record update on voucher book, cross check invoice from supplier before shipment;
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received in ERP purchasing system;
- Follow-up purchasing order status, delivery schedule and shipping document;
- Prepare import and export and custom documents, License per invoice;
- Communicate with shipping agent & forwarding agent for clearance;
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
- To handle courier related works like DHL/Fedex etc (import and export)
Interested applicants fulfilling the above requirements can submit their CV and copy of non-returnable credentials or testimonials within 15 days of this announcement in person or through an email to HRM office of the Ovid Group.
Our company is located around 22 (Hayahulet), behind Worku building and room number 101.
Please make sure that the position is mentioned on the subject if email is used to send the CV.