|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 23, 2022|
|Category|| Finance |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Main Job Purpose
Ethiopia is the leading growth driver for the East Africa and has delivered an average annual growth of approximately 66% over the last 5 years. It is one of the global Beauty & Personal Care cells with Lifebuoy being the flagship brand for the market. Due to the forex constrained nature of the market, there is a significant level of investment that is currently going on to support localization and reduce forex dependency and volatity. Such rapid and exponential growth calls for deliberate focus on resourcing to support the growth agenda and enhancing the control environment to protect and liberate value for Unilever Ethiopia.
The role will be expected to provide Supply Chain end to end decision support and financial expertise to the Make & Go to Market teams to drive achievement of long-term competitive costs, quality and service levels. The position is responsible for leading forecasting, reporting, Capex investments, restructuring, sourcing, savings, reporting and cost management activities under the Supply Chain umbrella.
Under the Performance Management docket, the role will be responsible for driving performance management for the country and growth and delivery of business results in line with the company strategy; co-ordination of the planning, budgeting and reporting process ensuring provision of timely, reliable and robust financial and management information for decision making and drive timely and accurate reporting of all financial information in line with statutory and global standards and timelines.
- Supply Chain Finance
- Budgeting & Reporting: Manage all aspects related to budgets, estimates, and actual costs for the end-to-end supply chain. Monitor and investigate variances and implement corrective action on all the key spend lines which include but are not limited to factory conversion costs, raw material costs, logistics and distribution costs.
- Business Partnering: Provide valuable business & financials insights to the Sourcing Unit Director and his team to drive decision making.
- Capex management: Preparation and submission of CEP proposals for innovations, expansions, upgrades and market entry, for sign-off by Supply Chain stakeholders.
- Controls: Drive the embedding of key controls within Supply Chain to eliminate wastage and leakages by driving process documentation and regular review and monitoring to identify potential control risks and recommending corrective actions.
- Working capital management:
- Performance Management
- Spread-head the development & co-creation of the overall business strategy and key performance indicators
- Drive growth and delivery of commercial results in line with the company strategy
- Co-ordination of the planning, budgeting and reporting process ensuring provision of timely, reliable and robust financial and management information for decision making
- Drive timely and accurate reporting of all financial information in line with statutory and global standards and timelines
- Managing relevant third-party relationships
- Maintain a close working relationship with the local Ethiopia Supply Chain team in order to get a good understanding of the challenges and opportunities in order to partner them effectively
- Act as a liaison between the local and Regional teams and ensure that Global & Regional and Supply Chain/Supply Chain Finance initiatives are landed locally and drive best practice.
- Liaise with the EA Performance Management Team on Ethiopia’s contribution to delivery of the EA performance targets and commitments
- Transformation Projects
- Provide leadership for selected global and local transformation projects implementation
- Drive end-to-end financial process excellence for strategic business projects ensuring any control gaps and risks are identified and mitigated before project Go-live
- Be the catalyst for change and improvement by challenging status quo and exploring new ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- People Development:
- Drive performance management, career planning, development planning and succession planning for team and self
- Ethiopia Country Supply Chain Leadership Team
- EA Supply Chain Leadership Team
- East Africa Finance Director
- East Africa Finance Leadership Team
- Supply Chain Finance Director Africa
- Head of Finance Excellence Team EA
- Ethiopia Divisional Leads
Key Skills / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related field of study
- Professional qualification in accounting e.g. ACCA, CIA, CIMA, CPA etc
- 8-10 Year solid working experience in Finance Controls, in Financial Management, Risk Management and Compliance in a complex operating environment
- Ability to identify existing and potential risks and development of mitigation plans.
- Strong communication and influencing skills;
- Self-confident integrity and objectivity/independence of judgement.
- Strong communication and influencing skills; change management
- Objectivity and integrity in the face of challenge; courage and personal resilience
- Ability to build networks and manage senior stakeholders
- Ability to hold others, and self, accountable.
- A strong team-player and ability to work in a matrix organisation
- Talent catalyst who can proactively drive the people development agenda
- Demonstrated understanding and use of SAP