|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 11, 2020|
|Category|| Delivery |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Moyee Coffee Roasting PLC is established by Dutch and Ethiopian Investors in 2013 as per the Ethiopian Commercial code in the form of joint venture PLC. It is the first multi-national coffee brand out of Ethiopia and has implemented the first FairChain movement-retaining equitable values for both consumers and producers. Not only do Moyee offer the most ethical coffee, but also provide more positive impact to local farmers and producers than Fair Trade. We also offer superior quality, taste, and aroma but that’s not where it ends! Moyee now operates in the Netherlands, Denmark, Ireland and USA, as well as expanding and developing new and innovative products unique to Ethiopia. Moyee coffee has now become a global brand, found in many grocery stores internationally. The Supply Chain function, among others, is a very crucial function for Moyee for an end to end coffee sourcing and delivery to consumers in the local and international market. We are now looking for a high caliber experienced Supply Chain Manger to fill this vacant post in our company.
Reports to: Managing Director
Duty station: Addis Ababa
The Supply Chain Manager (SCH) is responsible to managing the Company’s end to end Supply Chain operations from procuring green coffee beans to exporting of the roasted coffee. The job holder is also responsible for import operations in procuring capital items, packaging and spare parts. She/he will serve as a focal person liaison with customers globally related to roasted coffee sales. She/he will reports to the Managing Director of the Company.
- Serve as supply chain liaison specialist in working with customers globally
- Forecast production demand for Local and Export production
- Arrange the conditions for production for Ethiopia and sister company in Netherlands and other customers globally
- Updating on weekly base the operations managers from Moyee Netherlands (Moyee’s sister company) and or other customers globally and Ethiopia about the production numbers and status
- Monitoring the execution of the quality control processes and acting on exceptions
- Analyze procurement policy and analytics
- Collect data about availability, bean type and grade per ECX/supplier and make procurement strategy
- Coordinate the procurement process for green beans for Ethiopia and export market
- Coordinate the procurement process for packaging material
- Maintain stock status data and prepare required reports
- Arrange logistics for green beans to facility and final product to export customers within Ethiopia as needed.
- Secure storage of the green beans, semi-final and final product
- Expedite export/import operations (documentations)
- Represent the Company in trade fair and shows and monitor the outcome in terms of sales/marketing.
- Actively follow up new export buyer’s market requirements, sales order and advise the Managing Director on the subject.
- Work closely with the Managing Director on new business development and as well as serve as a guide for customers visiting the facility and interested to know about Coffee
Farm/Green Bean/ business
- Manage green beans sample offer, client correspondence and sales data
- Maintain good record of stock status harvested during the season and follow up its status in store.
- Assist out grower capacity building projects. And procure beans as much volume as possible from the out growers project
- Expedite the export operation with banks and buyers for green beans and as well as serve as the final contact person to customers.
- Takes responsibility for the entire supply chain
- Can work alone and make important decisions
- Gives orders to roasters and report to managers
- Reports to: Managing Director
- Analyses problems and makes sure they will get fixed
- Takes a proactive role in improving the supply chain
- Makes sure that work gets finished
- Walks the extra mile
- Truly passionate about coffee
Educational and Work Experience:
- MA in Economics/Management or MBA from recognized university
- 8-10 years of work experience in supply chain, logistics, operation management and material management
- Prior coffee experience is highly desired but not a requirement