|Location||Mai-Tsebri, Shire Field Office, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 24, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refuguees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
Scope of Job Description:
Procurement Officer is responsible for all procurement processing, procurement documentation and procurement reporting Adiharosh/Maini Camp and Shire Field Office
This position reports to Comp manager and Supply Chain Manager and will have the following responsibilities:
Responsibility 1: Procurement planning
- Makes follow up on preparation of procurement planning
- Ensures the FO procurement is done according to the set procurement plan and Emergency Procurement Protocol
- Provide support for program and other staff during procurement plan preparation and bid opening process
Responsibility 2: Procurement processing
- Perform procurement of goods and service with different categories as per IRC Emergency procurement Protocol and donors’ rules and regulation
- Receive purchase requests from SSCO, for further processing, and make sure grants and other information are correctly encoded into the procurement system.
- Issue request for quotation to suppliers / write invitation letter / advertise open tender if there/ within the specified agreed procurement lead timetable over the comp and Field Office
- Collect quotation from suppliers and prepare bid analysis summary within the time specified in the agreed procurement lead time based on Emergency Procurement Protocol by maintaining segregation of duties.
- Update procurement data base (BVA system if there) in weekly basis specific to closed purchases and purchases under process and different status.
- Submit data to concerned supply chain staff for those suppliers requiring ATC clearance. Make sure these suppliers are clear for ATC before purchase order is issued or enter in to contractual agreement.
- Make sure that purchase order is issued or contractual agreement is made with selected suppliers; and payment is requested to finance within the time frame specified in the agreed procurement lead time table / procurement guideline.
- Ensure the direct delivery of goods or services to warehouse within the time frame specified in the procurement lead time.
- Settle all check received from finance within the time frame specified in the financial manual or as per service level agreement between supply chain and Finance.
- Give special attention for quality material delivery.
- Ensure technical inspection for items purchased from concerned Technical unit.
- Provide technical input for Senior supply chain procurement
Responsibility 3: Record keeping
- Ensures proper documentation of all procurement documents
- Maintains completed PRs’ files per grant and their sequence
- Ensures safety of Procurement files and contract documents
Responsibility 4: Reporting
- Prepares PR matrix report on monthly basis
- Prepares commitment reports on monthly basis
- Prepares cash projection on monthly basis
- Read BVA report and provide technical input for SSCO
Responsibility 5: Sharing other supply chain related assignments with other supply chain staff
- Accomplishes other duties as assigned by the Senior Supply chain officer
- Cooperates with other supply chain staff related to field supply chain activities.
- Receive delegation from other supply chain staffs while staffs take annual leave.
- Diploma/Degree/master’s in business management/Management, Accounting, Purchasing and Supplies management or related fields of study
- Minimum 5 years of experience for diploma holders and 2 years of experience for degree holders 1 years for post graduates
- Knowledge of supply chain operations
- Knowledge of generic procurement management systems Good arithmetical skills
- Competent use of PC especially spreadsheets (format / sort / filter)
- Proven skills in Procurement and Warehouse operations
- Excellent English, Amharic and Tigrigna language advantageous comprehension and communication skills
- INGO experience is advantageous.
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are encouraged to apply only through the below IRC On-line recruitment website:
Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Permanent Address and present address (if different from permanent) and telephone number if possible also email address
- Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
|Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)? If answer is “yes”, give the following information:|| YES NO|
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.