|Location||Shire, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 7, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
Overall purpose of the role:
Provide management support to DRC field operation by undertaking technical and practical tasks to lead key support staff to ensure operation of supply chain, human resources and administrative activities in accordance with the Operations Handbook and Program Manual, with adherence to donor guidelines.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Ø Provide line management and leadership support to staff of Supply Chain, Finance, Human Resources and Administrative Services, including Security Services.
Ø Lead the development, timely and professional implementation of systems for each department/unit under Support Services to ensure they are effective, efficient, and compliance with DRC policies
Ø Support the implementation of the Safety Protocol and assist to integrate sound safety practices so as to enhance the safety and security of staff, assets and programs and minimize operational risks.
Ø Actively identify issues and engage with the Area Manager and Support Services team in Addis Ababa to improve operations.
Ø Ensure implementation and quality of DRC’s supply chain systems and procedures, managing Supply Chain function to ensure timely and transparency of procurement and the compliance.
Ø Monitor procurement procedures, ensuring items are accounted for and quality/quantity controlled in stock reports and asset inventory management system.
Ø Develop and ensure effective controls over vehicles use and maintenance. Ensure Vehicle Logbook are implemented and reviewed regularly.
Ø Support the program teams in procurement planning to ensure timely delivery of project inputs and activities.
Ø Take overall responsibility for timely reporting that is required.
Ø Lead internal HR duties, including tracking staff attendance, leave requests, gathering timesheets, filing contracts, and assisting in the preparation and updating of payroll database, ensure proper filing of contracts – including management of staff contracts, including contract renewals, amendments, exit clearances.
Ø Lead external HR duties, including posting vacancies, conducting recruitments, and drafting contracts
Ø Lead the planning and delivery of all inductions and orientations for new staff in a timely manner, and for planning and tracking training and capacity building for staff
Ø Manage leases at field level and coordinates with the relevant staff to ensure the field office has valid leases and that payments to the lessors are done in a timely manner.
Ø Manage timely payment of utilities at the field level, including ensuring the payment of communications fees.
Ø Manage the travel arrangements of field staff and incoming visitors in coordination with Administrative staff in Addis Ababa.
- Ensure high quality day-to-day accounting of the field office's spending which includes financial review of all order requests from staff based in shire and camps level.
- Overseeing program spending in reference to plan and maintaining the field office’s cash forecast and cashbook.
- Maintain and monitor a system for accruals and outstanding payments all in accordance with DRC and donor rules and regulations;
- Responsible for maintenance/formulation of a Master Budget for the area office in collaboration with relevant program managers and share to the Area Manager
- Ensure compliance with donor guidelines in the allocation of costs and management of funds;
- Support the CO finance team in the preparation of all financial reports and audits for grants at periodic intervals and submit them to Head of Finance and Administration for review;
- Lead monthly financial review meetings with budget holders and the Area Manager and provide financial analysis with the Area Manager and CO senior management team;
- Provide strategic support, including projections and recommendations on financial matters to the Area Manager and Head of Support Services;
- Help implement thorough and effective budgetary control and ensure accountability and donor compliance in all financial documentation
- Monitor support service budget expenditure reports for donors, and check compliance with donor financial reporting requirements
- Ensure full implementation and adherence to all DRC internal policies and procedures as well as local law regulation.
- Become well versed in all applicable local laws and regulations and interact with relevant local authorities accordingly when tasked by the Area Manager.
- Any other HR duties as assigned by the Area Manager
- Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree in Procurement or Supply Chain Management, or a relevant related field.
- 5 years of relevant work experience at a similar level in Support Services functions in INGOs and Proven management skills and a competence in people management
- Sound knowledge on cost planning, budgeting, and financial reporting
- Experience in management of HR and administrative teams
- Sound supervisory and communication skills
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPointExcellent English language skills both spoken and written. Tigrigna language skills, an advantage.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please note that we receive applications up to August 16, 2020.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.ngo.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics