|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 30, 2020|
|Category|| IT / Information Technology |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Mulugeta Mekonnen is engaged in a well-diversified business sectors such as manufacturing, import, export, transport, rental, construction, water drilling. We would like to invite qualified, experienced and energetic candidates/applicants for the following positions.
Key Responsibilities and Requirements
Job Objective: - Ensures the integrity, dependability and availability of systems, networks and data through planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance and enhancement of information systems programs, policies, procedures, and tools. Implements and administers operating systems, enterprise applications and related hardware and software environments to provide reliable and timely support.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Administrator’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage support services for the Organization’s IT systems, platforms, and products, including management of IT support technician(s), communicating job expectations, and appraising performance as appropriate.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
- Manage the overall technology infrastructure for the Organization including planning, implementation, and management of the software applications and hardware infrastructure that support operations, liaising as relevant with technology service providers.
- Propose design improvements to the Organization’s ICT architecture and work with the ICT Business Partner to integrate requirements into the ICT strategic framework.
- Support and contribute to IT-related tasks or projects through the implementation of appropriate technologies and solutions.
- Act as the principal administrator and ensure the maintenance of the Organization’s systems, including general computer support; software installations; license management; server set up and management; database administration; network, printers, audio/video conferencing and mobile phone support; deployment of equipment; management of inventories; disaster recovery; and periodic security vulnerability assessments.
- Provide user training on common business applications and use of systems.
- Develop and update IT processes and procedures, and ensure they are properly documented.
- Support the procurement process for IT equipment and services.
- Ensures the integrity, dependability and availability of systems, networks and data through planning, analysis development, implementation, maintenance and enhancement of information systems programs, policies, procedures and tools;
- Trouble shoots problems reported by users and automated network monitoring tools and makes recommendations for future system upgrades;
- Implements operating systems, enterprise applications and related hardware and software environments to provide reliable and timely support ;
- Applies firmware and software patches, replaces and upgrades hardware parts to maintain and support state of the art systems;
- Provide security training to implement programs to ensure that systems, network, and data users are aware of, understand, and adhere to systems security policies and procedures.
- Safeguards company’s file systems and emails against outside and inside security threats;
- Provides timely and reliable support to systems in case of an emergency;
- Ensures the smooth day to day operation of systems;
- Identifies problems ,prioritizes and resolves them on a timely basis from the center;
- Regularly participate on preventive maintenance of computers, printers, scanners and other IS equipment;
- Maintains IT equipment’s (computers, printers, scanners, and others)
- Regularly updates operating system patches, upgrades and releases;
- Installs and configures anti-virus software and ensures that every system is regularly scanned for malicious codes;
- Updates helpdesk knowledge of maintenance ;
- Performs other duties when assigned;
- Participate on Installation of LAN networking for new and existing office.
- Participate on Installation and maintenance of QMS
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Key performance Indicators: Strategic and operational efficiency and effectiveness such as:
- Smooth running & operation of the company’s business application systems;
- Participate on preparing backup and recovery of data, during system failure;
- Timely troubleshooting hardware & software related problems;
- Timely maintenance of computers, printers, scanners and other communication devices;
- Timely participate on preventive maintenance of computer systems throughout the company;
- Installation of updated anti-virus software on all computer of the company; Reduced customer complains.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
Summary of Key Competency, Educational and Professional Requirements:
Summary of Key Competency Requirements
- Deals with conflict
- Drive for results
- Learning Agility
- Manages performance
- Operates from a strategic perspective
- Organizational awareness & diplomacy
- Provides motivational support
- Manages relationships
- Sets & provides clear direction
Organizational Value Competency
- Customer Satisfaction
- Employees Satisfaction
- Value for Money
- Corporate Citizenship
- Learning Organization
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Communicates clearly
- Budget planning and preparation
- Application development, Support & maintenance
- Computer Appreciation
- Knowledge of key & emerging issues in ICT
- Telecommunication knowledge
- Knowledge of networked computer environments and device capabilities
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
- Knowledge of a wide variety of operating and server systems, including open source server operating systems
- Knowledge of network hardware and software troubleshooting techniques
- Ability to think analytically and to develop new or revised systems and work flow
- Ability to support hardware, software and network related problems
- Computer maintenance
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and high confidence in stating professional opinions
- Strong interpersonal skills to resolve issues with external and internal customers.
- Committed and result oriented work ethics.
- Undertake other duties, which are appropriate to the level of the position, as directed by the Manager-Finance and/or the Executives.