|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 5, 2021|
|Category|| Agriculture |
IT / Information Technology
|Job Type|| Full-time |
ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position: System Developer
Term of Employment: Full time
Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: August 12, 2021
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate the development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sectors partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great teamwork to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution to changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training, and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
Data, systems & tool team is established to managing data and documents in ATA. The team is responsible to collect, manage and organize data and documents from projects, and analyze, generate reports for decision-makers. The team also develop a datahub to improve the advisory system, avail the data set and handle the data request by consolidating data from different database systems.
The system developer report to the data, system and tool manager, and works in close collaboration with the team and IT team for developing new tools and applications that will be used to facilitate internal work.
- Designing, implementing and managing software programs.
- Working with cross-functional teams to understand and analyze concerns and new requirements.
- Develop an appropriate tool or customize an open-source tool to sync data from different databases to datahub.
- Develop API based on the requirement.
- Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications.
- Makes targeted modifications to existing software applications as well as develops new components and systems as requirements dictate.
- Improving existing programs by analyzing and identifying areas for improvement.
- Troubleshooting application problems and provide coding fixes to eliminate future issues.
· Testing and evaluating new programs.
- Follow up, evaluate and give technical support to the vendor on new software development.
- Develop, debug, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Supporting Quality Assurance in testing, bug fixing and eliminating defects.
- Provide training and support the team.
- Assisting in the training and mentoring of other programmers within the team.
- Work with team on the delivery of projects with high quality on multiple concurrent projects.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Assisting fellow developers in all other team functions assigned by the manager.
- MSc Degree in Information and Communication Technology, Computer Science or related fields.
- Back-end software development in Python, Java and C#;
- Python programming skills for data fetching, analysis, and visualization;
- Knowledge of source control with Git including setting up solutions, publishing, branching/merging
- Experience with database development including relational database PostgreSQL,SQL Server, mysql, oracle, non-relational database design MongoDb and ORM technologies
- Knowledge and application of object-oriented design principles
- A deep understanding of development patterns (MVC) and prior experience with implementation
- Deep understanding of coding techniques that contribute to the reliability, maintainability, readability, simplicity, performance, and testability of software
- Experience and proficiency in the day-to-day practicalities of Software Development methodologies such as Scrum, Waterfall and Kanban
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders.
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) a CV (maximum 5 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et
Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.