|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 23, 2022|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Freelance |
Bingham Academy is looking for an experienced Systems Administrator to manage our school's computer software systems, servers, and network connections to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. This individual also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provision and maintenance that is consistent with our school's goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements. This role may carry a teaching commitment in some years.
Key skills, qualities, and educational background include:
- Bachelor’s degree in related subject
- 3+ years experience in Systems Administration position (ideally within a school setting)
- Leaderhsip experience
- Operational knowledge of network and routing protocols
- Operational knowledge of LINUX, and Windows Server operating systems
- Operational knowledge of server virtualization and virtual desktop technologies
- Operational knowledge of router configuration and programming
- Operational knowledge of contemporary programming languages
- Ability to adapt, integrate, and modify existing programs or vendor-supplied packaged programs for use with existing information systems
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform routine maintenance on servers, computers, and peripheral equipment
- Ability to communicate information to faculty, students, staff, and the public in a clear and concise manner
- Ability and desire to work as a member of a teamWillingness to learn
Desired but negotiable
- Masters degree in related subject
- ACSI certification
- Experience of Cambridge International School settings
All of our expatriate staff serve as missionary volunteers. Bingham Academy provides airfare assistance, free housing, utilities, and generous professional development support.
Contact us now to find out more about this great opportunity.