|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 22, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Safaricom Telecommunications Ethiopia Plc is a company supporting Ethiopia’s digital transformation. As a member of the Vodacom family, we have a wealth of experience connecting over 334 million people globally and over 180 million people in Africa across our network. We look forward to partnering with Ethiopians as we build a new network in Ethiopia.
We are setting the groundwork in readiness for the launch of our services next year and are looking to work with purpose-led teams that put the community at the heart of service.
We are pleased to announce the vacancy for Systems Engineer in Infrastructure and Operations within Technology function in Ethiopia. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to Senior Operations Engineer, the role holder is responsible for delivering, maintaining, and optimizing infrastructure, database, and middleware capabilities to support and enable the development and operations modules.
- Work with service providers to forecast and right-size long-term capacity and performance requirements, iterating regularly
- Determine user and technical story impact on existing architecture, work processes and systems
- Design and implement supporting infrastructure and tooling for software module development and operations
- Design and implement supporting database and middleware capabilities to support software module development and operations
- Monitor and maintain infrastructure performance, capacity and availability, providing 2nd and 3rd level of support for the resolution of infrastructure-related incidents and problems
- Monitor and review infrastructure-related incidents and problems to identify improvements.
- End to end accountability for systems monitoring and availability not limited to MTTR, SLA, individual and global incidents
- End to end accountability for building automated monitoring for all domain systems.
- Timely reporting on the log sheet for the rapid response to any Systems glitches.
- End to end accountability for building proactive controls based on machine learning and similar techniques.
- Maintain and supervise the Data Center Infrastructure inventory.
- Service availability and monitoring: - Define and monitor data and service availability for all Channels solutions. This includes ensuring that the set KPIs are met.
- Incidents and problem management: - Provide expert management of Incidents, root cause analysis, management of problems and closure of recurring incidents related to the responsible domains. This should be within the defined ITIL, ISO and other acceptable guidelines
Education & Experience:
- BSc Degree in Computer science, Computer Technology/engineering, Information Technology.
- 3+ years’ experience in infrastructure support and/or planning in an environment with mixed VMware, Redhat virtualization.
- 3 year experience in Virtualization and Cloud platforms
- Experience with Container/PaaS orchestration/management platforms such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, CloudFoundry and Tanzu.
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise Linux and windows Operating Systems.
- Experience in backup Strategies and BCP policies.
- Experience in Database Operations and Management
- Good Knowledge on Vendor Management and SLA enforcing
- Experience with Configuration Management eg Chef, Ansible.
- Experience in Systems, Infrastructure and application monitoring and performance tuning.
- Exposure to Cloud Infrastructure monitoring solutions i.e. Splunk, Dynatrace and Others.
- Good understanding of build tools, CI/CD, Devops and Agile principles
- Cloud knowledge and integration models and Applications tuning.
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal communication and leadership skills
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery / Integration
- Strong understanding of IT management best practice frameworks, such as ITIL and COBIT