|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 21, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
1. Keep track of the Ethiopian tax and regulatory update as well as the business developments of the companies and assess potential tax impacts on the companies;
2. Involve in tax planning for the companies’ various business initiatives and ensure that the tax structure is properly implemented;
3. Manage tax compliance filings of all entities in Ethiopia and ensure that the filings are completed correctly and timely;
4. Coordinate with the external tax consultants in various tax projects to facilitate the process and ensure the quality of the projects;
5. Implement the tax internal control process to make sure that tax risks are properly identified and managed in our day to day operation
6. Advise on and implement improvements to the tax internal control process if needed;
7. Ensure the proper implementation of transfer pricing policy for the companies’ related party transactions;
8. Provide internal tax training to various departments to improve the sense of tax compliance requirements and to promote the synchronization of cross-functional processes for more effective tax management;
9. Handle tax assessment/audit/investigation cases, formulate and execute defense strategies and involve in negotiation with the tax auditors.
1. Must have at least a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any related discipline
2. Master's Degree and Professional Certification (ICAN, ACCA, etc.) would be an added advantage.
3. At least 5 years’ working experience in Ethiopian tax, familiar with Ethiopian tax compliance requirements, tax accounting and local tax practice
4. In-house tax experience plus tax experience in a well-known international accounting firm is advantageous
5. Capable of leading the tax function of a company independently, experience in dealing with tax audit cases is preferred
6. Good professional ethics, excellent communication and coordination skills with team work spirit
7. Logical thinking ability with excellent business sense
Interested and qualified applicants can send a non returnable CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: the subject of your e-mail should be " Application for Tax Manager
Interested and qualified applicants who fulfill the above stated criteria can send a copy of their CV and Application Letter via email address email@example.com
Email Applicants must state the name of the position they want to apply on the subject field of the email.