WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
|Location||Dolo Ado, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 24, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is implementing a £21 million programme to protect would-be migrants and refugees from unsafe irregular migration through and from Ethiopia. The programme includes three subcontractors and has an operational footprint in Tigray, Somali, Amhara and Addis Ababa.
Overall purpose of the role: (1-2 sentences)
Under the supervision of the Area manager, The Finance and Admin team leader is responsible for the effective and efficient functioning of accounts department and to ensure compliance with DRC’s Operations Handbook and Donor’s requirements. The role will assist the line manager in budget preparation, donor reporting, compliance, recording and processing of information in Dynamics system. This role focuses on field operations and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the field offices. The role contributes to the development of field accountancy function and team. The role provides support and technical guidance to field operations while overseeing field activities.
Finance, accounting and donor reporting
- Maintain timely and accurate accounting record in compliance with DRC policies and procedures.
- Support finance staff in all assigned field offices in maintaining accurate and complete accounting database and filing.
- Perform spot checks and furnish reports to Support services manager for his/her review.
- Implement donor compliance check list for each grant in Rakhine as communicated by line manager.
- At field level, assist area manager conducting budget follow ups and monitor grant spending plan. Liaise with Program Managers for regular budget monitoring;
- Assist Support Services manager in preparing donor reports. Ensure all accounting record/documents are submitted to country office as per set timelines.
- Ensure all financial documents are filed and archived systematically and safely stored.
- Ensure cash flow of field offices are maintained and cash and bank balances are maintained corresponding to operational needs.
- Safe keeping of cash in safe and transit to be ensured
- Support the development of new proposals by providing required financial data, analysis etc;
- Produce accounts receivable and payable repots at the end of each month and ensure reconciliation of accounts on monthly basis;
- Support in developing and regular monitoring of budget controls, planning and reporting;
- Support in review and update field support budget and ensure reflection of required cost in new proposals;
- Support in development and implementation of shared cost allocation tools;
Audit & Compliance
- Assist line manager in developing post audit improvement plan and implement the same in respective field officesAudit focal person for internal and external audits, conducted in the assigned field offices.
- Train finance staff over over donor compliance rules and monitor compliance accordingly.
- Assist Finance Officer with monthly reviews of planned versus actual expenditures;
- Assist Office Officer with quarterly expenditure reviews to guide and recommendations to Programme Manager on budget revisions and planning.
- Consistently demonstrate flexibility, resilience and ability to maintain positive relationships and composure, even under difficult circumstances;
- Maintain high ethical standards and treat people with respect and dignity;
- Demonstrate an awareness of his/her own strengths and development needs.
- Create a sustainable work environment of mutual respect that attracts motivated, skilled and effective team members and enables them individually and collectively to strive to achieve excellence;
- Periodically organize or coordinate specific workshops/trainings for program team as well as Operations Support Team on finance matters from any donor source;
- Develop work plan for finance team in field offices and share with Support services manager for approval.
- Review and revise Job descriptions of finance team and perform performance reviews.
DRC Dynamics ERP System
- Ensure that finance processes under supervision are handled properly via DRC Dynamics;
- Ensure ERP finance functionalities are properly used by concerned staff and team has proper knowledge and access to information to use DRC Dynamics;
- Apply reports and data analytics from ERP system to improve performance in area of concern.
- Focal person for area finance teams related to support to heavy users for finance module.
- On request perform any other additional duties assigned by the supervisor(s) in order to allow the organization to function optimally.
- This job description is not a definitive task list but has been done to clarify the responsibilities of the employee.
- Replace Admin and Finance Officer during absence;
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by line manager
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience is required, preferably with an NGO;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Ability to use MS Office with advanced excel proficiency;
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff from diverse cultures.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
A University or higher education graduate in a subject relevant to the assignment specifically in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or other directly related field
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
Excellent skills in speaking, reading and writing English.
Somali (overall fluency required)
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC's vision and values
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than May 4, 2020.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit.