|Location||Kombolcha, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 4, 2021|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Purpose of the job
Under close supervision of kegging chief, he/she provide guidance on and direction of daily production and work assignments to assigned operators. Perform routine and emergency maintenance assignments relating to the maintenance of packaging machines.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Based on factory rules and procedures organize, lead, facilitate and control all types of machinery’ corrective and preventive maintenances and repair tasks.
- Requires maintaining a safe and secure working environment within the packaging department at all times.
- Check the machinery of the lines for operational readiness and proper setup; oversee the operations of the lines during production.
- At shutdown, be present to assure the proper length of run and that all machinery, conveyors, air, CO2, water, and chain lubrication are shut off.
- Work with line lead persons closely and professionally on changeovers to assure proper materials are used, proper amounts are produced and proper codes are used per the production schedule
- Requires weekly and monthly inventory audits and reconciliation of overages/shortages of materials.
- Create work orders for repairs or improvements needed on the lines.
- Able to lead weekly maintenance program and perform all required maintenance on packaging equipment.
- Record the necessary packaging follow-up and other formats
- Facilitate daily information exchange with the packaging staff and Serve as point of contact on shift for all plant personnel.
- Monitor usage of line lubrication, cleaning chemicals, glue, coder ink, make-up fluids, and labels
- Analyze and resolve work problems or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Initiate personnel actions, such as performance evaluations and disciplinary measures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by packaging manager
- Supervise training of employees in operations, safety, quality standards
- Regulating personnel in wearing correct personal protective equipment.
- Ensure safety procedures are followed by adherence to Company policies
- Advanced working knowledge of tools, equipment, techniques used in maintenance work.
- Ability to read and follow blueprints and maintenance and operation manuals
- Good computer skills, in particular, Microsoft Office and Auto Cad
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Have the ability to work under pressure when required
- Ability to anticipate and rapid decision-making.
- Team player with good communication skills
- Sound judgment informed by extensive practical knowledge and experience
- Able to handle conflict and resolve differences of opinion.
- Sound judgment informed by extensive practical knowledge and experience.
Expected Education and Experience
- Grade 11+12: 5 to 7 years experience
- Bachelors degrees: 5 years experience
Qualified candidates should submit your application only through ethiojobs.net