|Date Posted||July 19, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federal German enterprise and supports the German Government to achieve its policy objectives in international cooperation and sustainable development. The department International Services is an integral part of GIZ and provides its services to international clients such as the EU, bi- and multilateral organizations, national governments as well as private sector companies.
Currently, GIZ International Services is preparing to bid for the EIB-funded Technical Assistance to the “African Health Diagnostics Platform” (ADHP)
The objective of the AHDP platform is to contribute to the improvement of the health of the population of the target Sub-Saharan countries through timely, cost effective, quality diagnostics for low income populations. The purpose of this TA operation is to support the preparation, implementation and subsequent monitoring of the AHDP projects.
The results of the project will be high quality deliverables to be used for the preparation, implementation and subsequent monitoring of the AHDP projects.
Specific results will include pre-feasibility studies, feasibility studies and financial affordability analysis, detailed designs, budget and financing plans, tender documents, and other technical assistance studies and services.
Moreover, the transfer of know-how in project development, project management and financing techniques to the Promoters, to enhance talents and skills of local human resources within government institutions also constitutes one of the results of this TA.
The team leader will be responsible for the overall coordination of this project, for strategic planning and programming of project activities, for ensuring coherency between project components, for review of proposals for project activities, for drafting of the ToRs for project activities and their realization; and for implementation and monitoring of project activities.
Qualifications and skills
- Master's degree or equivalent academic degree in health economics, health finance, or other relevant field.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Working level knowledge of French.
General professional experience
- At least 15 years of relevant experience in project implementation and management (planning, programming, implementation, monitoring and evaluation) for the health sector, within development regions, preferably Sub-Saharan Africa.
- 5 years similar experience of working in a senior expert/management position on DFI/donor financed TA operation projects.
- Experience in francophone Sub-Saharan African countries would constitute an advantage.
Specific professional experience
- Professional experience as a technical expert having implemented at least 1 health sector project in the last 3 years.
- Evidence of the following pre-requisite skills as demonstrated through the implementation of at least 3 projects:
- Good understanding of health sector policies within Sub-Saharan African countries.
- Public health expertise, preferably on diagnostics and systems strengthening, including public sector engagement.
- Experience in design and implementation of assessments for health sector projects including in the delivery of diagnostics in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Experience in establishing financial and partnership structures.
- Experience in capacity building in the health sector, including the establishment of performance-based funding structures.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information about the position please see the following link: