|Date Posted||November 7, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
LWF Ethiopia’s partners include Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekane Eyesus (EECMY), Lutheran churches related agencies, the European Commission (ECHO), the US Government (BPRM) and UN Agencies with whom we are a key implementing partner.
LWF World Service Ethiopia is a registered foreign charity which has been operating in Ethiopia since 1973 implementing various development and humanitarian projects in different parts of Ethiopia.
LWF World Service Ethiopia is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants based on merit regardless of sex, color, religion, ethnicity, age, marital status or disability except for affirmative action in a combination of considering competency to bring gender equity.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position Holder
The Team Leader is responsible for overall planning and coordination of LWF/ Integrated and Multi-Sectoral Emergency Response Project in Ginner Woreda of East Bale Zone, Oromia Region. The incumbent is also responsible for the quality and effectiveness of LWF’s emergency response and has overall responsibility for the security and wellbeing of staffs in the project area under his/her supervision. He/she reports directly to the Bale Regional Program Coordinator based in Ginner Town.
- Provides overall leadership to the LWF emergency projects activities in IDP Camps where LWF implements activities in Dawe Kachen, Dawe Serer, Lega Hida, Rayitu and Sewena in East Bale, Oromia Region work closely with the Woreda Administration and relevant line offices to ensure mutual accountability.
- Coordinate and supervise overall administrative an operational activity of the project.
- Promotes, implements and upholds the vision, mission, core values and relevant objectives of the LWF country strategy.
- Lead the overall planning, implementation and monitoring of WASH, Livelihood and health and nutrition components of the project.
- Follow up and participate in studies, baseline assessment stakeholder mapping of WASH, livelihood, health and nutrition.
- Build relationship and work with networks on DRM, gender and resilience building issues and advance the ideas of health and nutrition meetings at woreda and zonal level.
- Initiate, coordinate and conduct various needs assessment, proposal etc. as needed.
- Keep appropriate contract with government appropriate departments, local authorities, service cooperatives, CBOs, local population, as well as with other institutions and NGOs as found necessary for the project implementation, collaboration and sustainability.
- Administer project personnel under his/her supervision such responsibilities include all managerial activities like hiring, suspending, taking and /or recommending disciplinary actions in accordance the labor law and the policy guidelines of the organization.
- Monitor project expenditures on daily, weekly and monthly basis to ensure that it is with in the approved budget.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, semi annul annual, annual and terminal reports and submit to work plan
- Represent LWF in various sectoral platforms and task force the concerned program office as per reporting schedule.
- Prepare annual work plan and working budget and submit to the head office through the concerned program office.
- Ensure proper operation of the project office, built and facilitate teamwork among project staff’.
- Conduct project management
- Promotes and facilitates the establishment and strengthening of local networks relevant to the LWF strategy for the Eastern region.
- Responsible for the overall implementation of WASH, livelihood and health and nutrition activities.
- Responsible to ensure that the project meets its defined objectives and achieve set targets.
- Develop monthly detail work plan to implement the activities of the project.
- Facilitate capacity building initiatives to staff and local level action on various issues including WASH, Livelihood and health and nutrition.
- Collect, analyses, document and share learnings on WASH, livelihoods, health and nutrition, DRR and gender.
- Follow all organizational procedures as outlined in LWF’s policies, staff rules, and operation manuals and.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned to him/her by the program office or her/his designate.
Qualification and Experience:
Masters or bachelor's degree in food security, Rural Development, Agriculture, Horticulture, Plant Science or related field of study from a recognized university with a minimum of 2-year relevant work experience for master’s degree and 4 years for bachelor's degree.
- Strong communication skill in English (written and oral). Excellent written and oral English Language skills,
- Ability to interact with people
- Strong knowledge and experience working in livelihoods
- Deep knowledge in rural communities and livelihood opportunities in the rural areas,
- Good skills in reporting and monitoring
- Other job related trainings
- Oromifa language is Mandatory
- Previous related experience in NGO and refugee set up is advantageous