|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 25, 2020|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- Develop project concept notes and write proposals;
- Identify international financing mechanisms for the forest sector;
- Mobilize funds from development partners and the private sector;
- Build a portfolio of new private-sector and civil-society partnerships.
- Ensure technical linkage with other initiatives related to forestry for consistent and coordinated REDD+ Investment Programme (RIP) implementation;
- Identify forest management and restoration approaches, draw lessons learnt and share information and knowledge with members of the FSTU team;
- Contribute to the development of tools, methods and approaches for the implementation of RIP;
- Provide technical programming, implementation and monitoring support for the forest sector;
- Provide technical guidance and direction delivery and business development team leaders in the FSTU to help them provide technical and implementation support to regional project offices.
- Provide advice on piloting and scaling-up successful forestry practices implemented by the private-sector and civil-society organizations;
- Challenge and motivate teams to create truly aspirational targets and provide the required support needed to achieve results;
- Coach, mentor the selected staff of the Commission to transfer knowledge and skills;
- Compile the experience of other countries in forest sector transformation and adopt to the context in Ethiopia;
- Advise on the development of programmatic strategy and models;
- Develop program management guidelines;
- Work closely with the forest sector to facilitate collaboration in implementing RIP and complementarity in the design and implementation of national programmes, aligned to regional and international initiatives;
- Ensure the development of annual work plan, budget and implementation of activities according to the approved plan;
- Elaborates annual work plans and ensure their validation;
- Provide technical support during assessments, studies and backstop forestry projects as required.
- Master's degree in forestry and/or natural resources management.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in managing complex forestry or and/or natural resource projects and familiarity with the private sector;
- Proven track record in designing and managing forestry projects. Experience in climate change and/or development programs will be an advantage;
- Sound technical and business development knowledge and experience;
- Project delivery, management and risk mitigation experience;
- Prior experience in the management of projects funded by development partners.
- Proficiency in English. Working knowledge of other UN language desirable.
Important information for US Permanent Residents ('Green Card' holders)
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 364 Days, with a possibility of extension