|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Job purpose and overall responsibilities
As PSA’s Technical Advisor-Training Resource and Professional Development, you will lead efforts to achieve the objectives of Admas programme regarding Training and Professional Development of EPSA workforce. You will be expected to develop strong relationships with EPSA respective directorates to achieve planned activities of workforce capacity building. You will work in collaboration with your PSA colleagues and EPSA respective directors to design, develop and deliver on training solutions. This includes identified areas for supporting EPSA in developing workforce capacity building programme, including implementing Training and Resource Centre (TRC) strategy. You will have experience of coordinating partner activities and have significant knowledge and experience in working with teams and report writing and ability to meet deadlines.
As the ideal candidate, you will have good experience working on Human Resources (HR) development in the field of public supply chain for health products, preferably with years of experience in capacity building. The Technical Advisor-Training Resource and Professional Development will guide and coach the EPSA staff to operate independently at a high-quality standard. This role will develop team skills and coach others to complete the work.
Overall coordination of the implementation of training and capacity building activities including open classroom, on-the-job training and mentoring, online training, and other emerging relevant service areas:
In partnership with EPSA,
- Establish a temporary Training, Research and Resource Centre (TRC) and operationalise it according to phase 1 of the TRC strategy;
- Work with the future TRC team to develop all JDs, Forms, Tools, Online Registration forms, M and E formats, and SOPs for the TRC
- Facilitate trainers’ involvement with EPSA’s training programme, including identification and selection of trainers and support for trainers in course design and delivery.
- Develop a 2012 EFY Training and Development work plan amidst COVID 19 according to phase 1 of the TRC strategy;
- Work with various stakeholders to coordinate the training they provide to EPSA ensuring that they are based on the competence framework;
- Develop and maintain a database of courses and trainees.
- Provide on-the-job training and mentor the future TRC team established by EPSA.
- Integrate the works of Centre Of Excellence, Quality Management Systems, and Kaizen in Capacity development
- Contribute to developing and managing training curriculum and modules as necessary.
- Support the implementation of Performance Management System and Career Development with in EPSA
- Provide technical advice to other PSA SMEs and EPSA respective directors where appropriate.
- Overall coordination of the EPSA workforce capacity building plan including training provided by SMEs and analysis of the trainees’ feedback.
- Liaise with Universities, RHBs and woreda health offices and NGOs on joint capacity building efforts on frontline health facility workers in supply chain
- Support development of quality deliverables on key activities undertaken by SMEs and make recommendations and develop tools that improve quality of SMEs services.
- Contribute to effective implementation of capacity building planned activated across EPSA and ensure that SMEs deliver high quality services.
- Working with PSA teams to organize conferences and workshops as required.
- Any other duties as requested by your line manager.
Skills, experience and knowledge
- Advanced degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management;
- Over 10 years’ experience with pharmaceuticals and medical supplies, or supply chain management systems in stable and emergency situations;
- Over 5 years of experience with donor-funded projects, preferably in public health and humanitarian programme management or governance;
- Significant experience in the development, design, delivery and evaluation of training in support of organisations and individuals in health sector.
- Demonstrated experience in writing strategies, plans, concept note and in the field of training and capacity building of HR for public health supply chain.
- Ability to articulate and translate technical and functional constraints in a language that can support development of training courses, processes maps and descriptions, systems design, coaching and capacity development,
- Good understanding of training principles and methodologies;
- Ability to develop training curriculum and modules, and deliver Training of Trainers
- Proven experience of working with others in a collaborative manner supporting others’ achievements.
- Experience of line managing staff and team building
- Business development skills and experience in proposal writing;
- Experience in leading stakeholders in large scale projects
- Good knowledge of the Ethiopia context
- Proficiency in using software sur as Visio, MS Project or Gantt related software, Mind mapping tools and other project management tools.
- Commitment to PSA’s values, vision and mission
Apply online at: