|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2020|
|Category|| Procurement |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Our package Attractive Package depending on skills and experience
Contract type: Fixed Term – 1 Year (Possibility to extend)
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, this is a full-time role
This role reports to: Senior Technical Advisor-Supply Chain Management but to Country/Programme Director when deployed
Job purpose and overall responsibilities
This role is considered high-profile as the Warehousing is the central pillar to any supply-chain. This is also an area where changes can be easily identified. The success of the project and how it is perceived will rely on the way transformation of Warehousing and Distribution is piloted.
The Warehouse and Distribution specialist will set the technical standard for teams regarding warehouse and distribution operations, while guiding and coaching the client’s staff to operate independently at a high-quality standard and reduce dependency on external expertise. This role will develop team skills and coach others to complete the work.
This role will work through others, creating the space and providing the right approaches and tools, for them to better achieve their tasks and contribute to overall purpose of EPSA.
The Warehouse and Distribution Specialist will work under the guidance and direct supervision of the Senior Technical Advisor, Supply Chain Management. The incumbent will facilitate the enhancement of the Warehousing and Distribution functions within EPSA (in collaboration with the project team and partners).
The Warehouse and Distribution Specialist will deliver against the following responsibilities through the EPSA team, in coordination with other programme team members. She/he will showcase and teach the PSFA team how to respond to the following responsibilities:
Assessment and diagnostic of current situation,
- Identify key issues and risks going to the root causes of the problems,
- Clearly articulate the options for improvement with a systemic approach,
Facilitation of solution design,
- Analyse “make or buy” decision for warehouse and logistics services,
- Identify and implement transformational initiatives that deliver significant positive performance improvements (Implementation of the new warehousing and distribution design)
Technical stewardship to EPSA team on Warehouse and Distribution operations such as:
- Lead and direct warehouse, inventory management and transportation operations and performance improvements,
- Support regular Inventory Analysis and reporting
- Support the Cascading of Balanced Score Card for the warehouse and distribution team
- Support in Adherence of SOPs
- Drive operational excellence to minimize costs while realizing productivity increases,
- Define and implement service standards across large warehouse and logistics
- Control and monitor transportation issues in a national and global environment,
- Develop supplier performance scorecards and relationships if necessary,
- Review operational results and establish procedures to improve the immediate performance,
- Coordinate budget process by developing resources analysis, inventory control, staffing optimization to achieve financial goals of the organization
- Ensure that systems and processes are used correctly, and drive efficiencies where required
- Make use of information systems and identify issues with data integrity.
Contributing to continuous improvement and quality management.
- Identify and implement transformational initiatives that deliver significant positive performance improvement.
- The Warehouse and Distribution Specialist will also deliver directly, as a PSA team member, against the below responsibility:
- Work with all team members to contribute to the global Supply Chain Transformation Plan, ensuring integrity of changes and development between the Warehouse and Distribution changes and changes occurring in other organisation functions
- Advise on specific technical issues, particularly on information system design, in relation to Warehouse and Distribution
- Contribute to the design and implementation of training and coaching activities,
- Contribute to the quality management plans and organisational learning activities.
Skills, experience and knowledge
The Ideal Candidate will have demonstrated:
- Extensive Warehousing and Distribution experience at both operational and management levels, with very strong technical expertise,
- Ability to articulate and translate technical and functional constraints in a language that can support development of training courses, processes maps and descriptions, systems design, coaching and capacity development,
- Good understanding of training principles and methodologies;
- Proven experience of working with others in a collaborative manner supporting others’ achievements.
- 10+ years' experience managing Warehousing and Distribution services, ideally within an outsourced transportation logistics service
- 5+ years' operational experience, ideally within a 3PL provider
- Detailed knowledge of best in class logistics management systems (TMS, WMS, etc.)
- First-hand knowledge and working experience of domestic and international logistics management of tax, trade, and import/export,
- Demonstrated project management experience,
- Experience of large organisational change,
- Excellent communication (verbal/written), interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skill,
- Proven diplomatic skills, including the ability to build collaborative relationships with sensitivity for cultural, ethnic, social and political issues,
- Collaborative, engaging and high energy,
- Working knowledge of key business tools such as: Power Point, Visio, Word and Excel
- Fluent in English;
- Willing to undertake up to 25% international and domestic travel;
- Experience with pharmaceuticals and medical supplies, or supply chain management systems in stable and emergency situations;
- Experience of temperature-controlled supply chain
- Business development skills and experience in proposal writing;
- Experience using recognised agile project management methodologies (Kanban, PRINCE2,)
- Experience in leading stakeholders in large scale projects
- Good knowledge of the Ethiopia context
- Proficiency in using software sur as Visio, MS Project or Gantt related software, Mind mapping tools and other project management tools.