|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2020|
|Category|| Consultancy |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Contract |
UNICEF believes that the HSTP 2 needs to reflect child rights for child health to achieve SDG 3 for health improvement.
Ensure that HSTP2 adequately reflects child health so that the best public health benefit can be realized for the population of Ethiopia, the child health indicators will improve and child rights will be reflected in future investment.
Scope of work
The Consultant will support the FMOH and UNICEF through a collaborative, concrete strategic process for considering child health and the investments needed to achieve child health improvements over the next five years.
1. Participate in the JANS teams to assess the HSTP 2 against the JANS methodology
2. Contribute child health sections for the JANS assessment of HSTP 2.
- The approach should be participatory and scientific in nature, based on the convening of national experts and local ownership, as well as global best practices
- The process should be innovative taking in consideration the COVID 19 situation in Ethiopia.
- The award will be competitive based on the submission that best meets the requirements stipulated, considering past experience, technical expertise, and track record in newborn care and research.
Expected Deliverables, time frame payment term
- Brief engagement plan for support of FMOH/UNICEF based on experience, consultations, and desk review, 5 days time frame, 20% Payment term
- JANS report of the assessment of child health reflections in HSTP 2, 5 days time frame, 20% Payment term
The TA consultant will be directly recruited by ABH and will report to UNICEF's Health specialist, Health section (HSS lead). He/she will be in frequent contact (dotted line reporting) to the Dept of Health, HSS Lead at FMOH.
- Advanced/expert knowledge on newborn care, including advanced care of small and sick newborns and maternal and newborn health more broadly
- Advanced (Masters or Ph.D.) required; medical degree beneficial
- Experience working in the Ethiopian health system for over 15 years
- Ability to apply participatory methodologies; established relationships and reputation
- Proactive, creative problem solver, adaptable
- Fulfillment of legal status, tax requirements, etc
To be successful, the candidate should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Communication (level III)
• Working with People (level III)
• Drive for results (level III)
• Relating and networking (level I)
• Applying technical expertise (level III)
• Creating and innovating (level II)
Qualified and interested applicants who fulfill the above requirements can submit their CV along with application letter through firstname.lastname@example.org by stating the position you are applying on the subject email