|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 22, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all of our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
Transform: Primary Health Care (PHC) is a USAID funded project to improve healthcare outcomes to End Preventable Child and Maternal Deaths (EPCMD) in Ethiopia, which in turn support Government of Ethiopia efforts within the Health Sector Transformation Plan (HSTP). Transform: PHC will operate in the four most populous rural regions of Ethiopia (Amhara, Oromia, Tigray and Southern Nations, Nationalities and People’s Region). This will be accomplished in part by: mitigating the drivers of child and maternal mortality in Ethiopia’s most populous regions through the facilitation and implementation of quality health service delivery; improved management and performance of health systems; and implementation of innovative and evidence-based social behavioral change and communication interventions. Transform: PHC will strengthen the capacity of the health system to effectively use management tools and implement best practices at all levels of the health system and health care delivery with a major focus at the primary care level that include primary hospitals and PHCU.
The DTD-RH/FP is in charge of all technical aspects of the RH/FP program under the responsibility of Pathfinder International-Ethiopia in the USAID Transform: Primary Health Care project. S/he is particularly responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating and leading the thematic areas of FP/RH, AYHD, OF/POP, SBCC and Gender. S/he directly supervises the thematic area advisers and the regional program mangers of Amhara and Tigray T/PHC regional program offices. S/he provides technical support to other Pathfinder Implemented program activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Coordinates overall efforts in RH/FP programs throughout the project areas of the T/PHC project as a whole in collaboration with Regional Program Managers and technical advisors.
· Implements the strategic approach of the T/PHC Project with respect to RH/FP and Gender.
· Reviews and screens unsolicited proposals in the areas of RH/FP and to propose action to be taken by management on each of them.
· Assists in developing collaborative linkages, developing concept papers and proposals to support innovative ideas and initiatives.
· Publishes technical reviews and develops manuals and guidelines for project related activities in collaboration with thematic area advisors.
· Spearheads documentation of best practices and success stories in the thematic areas of responsibility by giving specific tasks to field staff.
· Attends relevant government and partner’s meeting to further develop collaboration and to obtain new approaches and systems in the area of responsibility.
· Identifies and proposes appropriate OR topics that will help in improving the effectiveness of program implementation.
· Liaise with the technical teams of Pathfinder International’s head quarter and with donors as well as to respond to their queries and needs for information and to solicit any technical information needed by T/PHC.
· Travels to program regions and sites to carry out program monitoring and strengthen relationship with MOH entities at different levels and with partners working in the region.
· Carries out all other duties as required by management
· MD degree with postgraduate degree in Public Health or related Field
· Minimum of 10 years of experience in Managing RH/FP programs and other related program activities.
· Prior management and work experience with NGOs and/or international organizations will be much desired.
· Experience in managing US Government Grants and familiarity with the grant management requirements of USAID will be very much appreciated.
· Strong writing and communication skills both in Amharic and English are a requirement and knowledge of other local languages will be an added advantage.
· Mastery of computer skills in word processing and Excel for documents production and data processing and analysis is essential.
· Ability to work with minimum supervision and strong interpersonal skills and skills to promote teamwork and effort among staff and partner organizations is desired.
· Strong interest and commitment to family planning and reproductive health services and the eradication of harmful traditional practices is highly important.
· Integrity and pleasant personality is desired. Willingness to travel frequently to project activity regions and woredas as per need is vital.
Pathfinder International invites eligible candidates to submit their applications via Ethiopiahr@pathfinder.org on or before January 31,2020.
Applicants should write the position title on the subject line of their email specifying the job title the candidate is applying and send only Cover Letter and CV with 3 professional references including telephone number & email address. No additional document is required.
Pathfinder is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted applicants will be considered.