|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 26, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Technical Director for ICAP’s SI project
Number of position: One
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Under the supervision of the Director of the ICAP’s Strategic Information (SI) project, the technical director will provide leadership and direction to project managers and staff. He/she will be responsible for the planning and supervising implementation of project objectives and activities in a coordinated manner, tracking progress of the project and adjusting accordingly, monitoring, preparing and submission of periodic reports.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Assist in planning and implementation of all kinds of SI project activities while ensuring quality of deliverables through partnership and direct implementation
· Together with the SI project director and ICAP’s top management, develop periodic plans and funding submissions of ICAP Ethiopia SI and actively involve in grant writing and coordinates the operational planning efforts of the SI Project; and develops a process for implementation
· In consultation with the project director,
o Will lead ICAP’s technical team in the development of electronic systems such as EMR, LIS, and HIV related data quality assurance systems
o Will lead the implementation of SmartCare/EMR ART module at health centers and hospitals with high volume of HIV patients in line with CDC/PEPFAR directions
o Manage the implementation and coordination of all SI project activities of ICAP within the framework of the allotted requirements of program areas.
o Analyze the progress and develops strategy to achieve objectives of SI project and anticipate changes proactively; to ensure overall project targets and donor obligations are met
o Track and prepare the project’s progress reports including PEPFAR quarterly report; to be shared with the FMOH, CDC Ethiopia, ICAP HQ and other partners
o Prepare detail budget proposals for implementation processes, allocation of funds to all departments and supervises the appropriate utilization of funds in the respective departments accordingly
o Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback informally and formally via regular performance review sessions
o Reviews and evaluates training and budget proposals for programs and evaluates and implements changes when necessary.
o Oversees and directs team leaders and their subordinate staff in relation to their execution and/or implementation of SI activities
o Receive, follow-up and finalize weekly and monthly reports of team leaders and their subordinate staff.
o Represents the ICAP SI Project on various program meetings and panels with partners as assigned by the project director
· Supervise subordinates, hires, and trains employees; evaluate performance regularly
· Perform other duties as required by the project director and the organization.
· Master’s Degree in Public Health, Project Management, Health Informatics or related field
· More than 10 years of experience in health systems with more than five years in leadership positions
·Must have basic computer skill (Ms Office, Internet)
· Ability to direct the work of others, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and departments and general public
· Ability to lead meetings, communicate both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team, organizing and prioritizing work strategically and efficiently
· Ability to analyze complex organizational problems, work in a stressful and tight working environment and to determine proper courses of actions
· Extensive knowledge of the goals and objectives of the SI Project
· Incumbent must have basic skills of project management, proven analytical skill working in a cross-cultural environment
· Other skills such as using statistical software like Epi Info, SPSS and STATA is advantageous
· Strong oral and written skills in English and Amharic languages
· Previous experience working at Managerial/Director position at International Non-Governmental Organizations(NGOs) or Federal Ministry of Health is advantageous
Interested candidates with the required qualification and experience are invited to submit application letters along with non-returnable CV online at (www.ethiojobs.net)
-Only online applications are received
-NB – Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications is – January 28, 2020