|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 15, 2020|
|Category|| Customer Service |
Sales and Marketing
|Job Type|| Full-time |
TECHNICAL SERVICES MANAGER
BRUH Plc Exclusive Distributor of CANAL+ is looking for dynamic professionals who are highly motivated to be involved in an ambitious and innovative project in Ethiopia. Bruh Entertainment PLC is the distributor of CANAL+ products in Ethiopia and will play a critical role in executing the CANAL+ project to bring a new pay-tv product of 80+ television channels to Ethiopian consumers.
The CANAL+ Group is a pay-tv broadcaster based in France with almost 20 million subscribers in Europe, Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean. CANAL+ is operating in more than 25 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa and has announced its entry into Ethiopia a top strategic priority.
The CANAL+ offering will include a vast library of international and Amharic content developed by and for Ethiopians. With your help, Bruh Entertainment will bring this new product to Ethiopian households by building a sales network throughout the country.
Under the responsibility of the COO, the Technical Services Manager mission is to manage technical processes and teams with both technical and management skills to provide the necessary environment for project success.
DUTIES OF THE TECHNICAL SERVICES MANAGER
- Ensure the quality of service of the decoders and their proper operation
- Manage and develop all the technical teams (dish’s installer and after-sales technicians) by setting up an operational organization to meet the needs expressed by the management.
- Ensure the quality of services to individual and corporate clients in terms of audiovisual distribution
- To assist the Sales Management in the search for technical solutions adapted to the needs
- To measure and manage the quality of the technical services of its teams and the distribution network
- To be the support in the elaboration and implementation of the technical development and the good functioning of the general means (telephone, air conditioning, premises...).
- Ensure technical monitoring of piracy and competition
- Ensuring the continuous training of the teams
- Management experience
- Knowledge in Broadcast engineering/technology, equipment for video production
- Broadcast and satellite transmission and interactive media
- Ability to set up an operational organization
- Ability to develop a team of technicians
- Good IT skills appreciated
- Good English skills, French will be a plus
- Sense of autonomy and responsibility
- Leadership to manage efficiently the team
- Ability to adapt and be on the look-out for new ideas
- Fault-finding skills
- Time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills / team spirit
- Willingness to be multi tasks, even more during the launch phase of the activity
- Reactivity and pragmatism