|Location||Jijiga, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 16, 2021|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Part-time |
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Technical Worker (Carpenter / Plumber), based in Jijiga
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides basic electrical, plumbing, painting, carpentry maintenance services for ICRC premises with the guidance of ICRC Premises Engineers
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair,
- Monitor & direct the daily workers / helpers when required.
- In coordination with Maintenance Technicians, establishes list inventory of hand tools and repair related items.
- Purchases maintenance and Premises supplies, does minor petty cash purchases as instructed by the Administration Team.
- Assists in office organization, helps in handling furniture, or transfer of equipment and items from one premises to another
- Assists Administration Assistant in monitoring and updating the inventory of furniture and equipment in all premises
- Provides assistance to the Domestic Staff when needed
- Under the supervision of the ESAP project manager, assists in ensuring that safety standards comply with ICRC guidelines
- Informs his / her supervisor about any issues regarding the premises (materials needed to carry out duties, malfunctioning equipment, damaged furniture or premises, etc)
- Supports maintenance, logistics, and other colleagues in a variety of manual tasks when assigned to the office
- Vocational certificate in electrical / plumbing / carpentry
- Good Command of written & spoken English
- Valid 3rd grade driving License, able to drive in town.
- Able to use office equipment (Computer, copier, & printer etc.)
- 2 years & above similar experience
Electronic application can be made ONLY through the ethiojobs.net website. Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Delegation in Addis Ababa (Around Megenagna, in front of EIAR, around Egziabher ab church OR you can submit in ICRC Jijiga Sub-delegation, Kebele 10, House 196
Closing date: 21 June 2021
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process.