|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 25, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Duration- 10 months (maternity cover)
1) Payment Verification
· Verify payment requests (Travel/wok advance, Employees expense claim, supplier’s invoice, hotel/utilities bills & LIPs Expense,) for accuracy & completeness.
· Verify all expense meet USAID costing principle (Allowable, Allocable and Reasonable), project agreement, project HOPE Global Policy and in country regulations.
· Verify adequate supporting documents are attached with all payment request as per Project HOPE documentation checklist.
· Verify proper authorization and approval all payment request. Review by FO/FM. Authorized by designated task manager. Approved by COP/CR or Home Office.
· Verify proper categorization and correct coding of all costs (project code, expenditure type, and activity number).
· Track if big payment request has been in the work plan and monthly fund request.
· Calculate and prepare summary of expenditure settlement regional and/or other credit suppliers.
· Reconcile supplies inventory and capital goods with the bin card and physical count.
2) Financial Data Entry and Reconciliation
· Post all financial transactions from (RV, PV and JV) into QuickBooks on daily basis.
· Ensure all transactions are posted to the right project code, expenditure type, and activity code.
· Ensure all posted transactions has proper reference (RV, PV and JV) and item description (Name/Purpose/Location/Dates) with maximum 30 charter.
· Ensure QuickBooks data reconciles with accounting records and reports
· Produce Monthly Reconciled Aging Analysis Report (A/R and A/P)
3) Tax Declaration and Settlement
· Ensure withhold tax deduction as per ERCA law. Issue original receipt to the vendor and attach 2nd copy with payment voucher.
· Follow up and supervise prompt settlement of tax with logistics unit.
· Prepare withhold tax and Income Tax declaration form. Submit to FO for review and approval by FM.
· Ensure settlement to Tax Authority within the schedule.
· Prepare monthly VAT Claim to USAID. Copy and put stamp on all copies. Attach 1 original and 1 copy VAT invoice along with the claim form. Submit for review FO & approval by FM.
· Maintain electronic files for all tax declaration and settlement. Identify discrepancy and ensure monthly reconciliation with QuickBooks account balance.
· Maintain hardcopy files for all tax declaration and settlement (WHT, VAT, Income Tax, and Pension)
Liaison with USAID VAT officer on VAT reimbursement.
4) Accounting Files/Records Keeping (HC & SC)
· Maintain complete and up-to-date physical files and electronic files for accounting records ready for audit at all times.
· Follow up the regular scanning of accounting files and upload on project HOPE share file of Head office
· Put PAID stamp for all paid vouchers with reference number
· Monitor the movement and return of accounting files with employees
· Maintain TAX Files:(WTH, VAT and Income Tax)
· Maintain Vouchers: (Payment Voucher, & Journal Voucher)
· Maintain Bank File: (Bank account opening, closing letters, Bank Statement, Bank reconciliation, Bank Signatory list)
· Keep proper and safe documentation of accounting files, in a secured place with limited access from other staff not working directly in the Accounting team
· Keeping used and unused printed vouchers in a safe custody and control usage by maintaining a register
· Keep safe custody of the company’s check books, Fuel Cards/coupons etc. in lockable safe box.
· Contact bank to get incoming and outgoing letters, bank debit and credit advice, and check book. Etc.
5) Preparing Vouchers
First point of contact to receive finance documents – request for payments, bank deposit slips, settlement documents, etc.
· Prepare and issue “document hand over receipts” to staffs who bring their documents for settlement.
· Organize documents submitted to the finance department and get them ready for further processing.
· Make preliminary review of documents requesting payments and settlement for completeness, accuracy and compliance with sound Accounting Practices, Project HOPE’s policy, USAID Rules and Regulations, and Ethiopian Tax Laws.
· Prepare Payment Vouchers (PV) for all request. Submit for review by Senior Accountant/FO and approval by COP/CD or delegate.
6) Payment Processing
· Prepare check and wire transfer as per approved payment voucher
· Ensures payments are made to the right employee or vendor name in the invoice or their legal representatives.
· Call employees or vendors to collect check when it’s signed. Send Email notification to LIPs for all wire transfer made to their bank account. Handle queries for payment status.
· Retain copy of check/wire transfer letter with payment voucher.
· Get confirmation of payment from vendors (VAT Invoice, Physical receipt with invoice attachment, Credit sales Invoice with receipt, name and signature of individual who collect check, Bank transfer advice).
· Strictly follow up of withholding tax deduction as per the government tax proclamation.
· Responsible for preparing and issuing withholding tax to vendors at spot and documenting it with the payment.
· Handle and manage per diem payments in trainings and workshops as a Cashier
· Handle monthly remittance of Employment Income Tax, Pension Fund and Withholding tax to Ministry of Revenues Eastern Addis Ababa Small Tax Payers Branch Office
· Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor which are in line with the general concept of this position.
7) Grant Management of CHCT activity
· Collect monthly financial reports and cash requests from LIPs implementing CHCT activity and conduct review of the invoices along with the supportive documents presented. Follow up with LIPs for any missing documents or if the reports need to be revised/corrected.
· Collect cost share reports presented along with the supportive documents on quarterly basis and review it thoroughly to ensure they meet cost principles and other cost share requirements.
· Conduct periodic financial monitoring visits (at least bi-annually) to all LIPs to ensure all compliance requirements are met. Depending on risk levels, previous financial monitoring findings, recommendations from program department and the level of transactions (amount of cash advanced), more frequent visits might be recommended. S/he is expected to utilize the ‘subaward monitoring checklist’ and produce report (with findings and recommendations) for the CD&OD to review and communicate to LIPs for management response and action.
· Prepare budget vs spending analysis of LIPs on monthly basis and provide updates to the CD and OD with any specific actions to be taken.
· Work closely with the Capacity Development and Operations Director (CD&OD) for effective and efficient management of the Subaward with local implementing partners.
- 5 + years’ experience as disbursement accountant & strong knowledge of local tax rule
- Proven Experience of using QuickBooks, Advanced Excel, Pivot Table, Data base.
- Previous working experience with USAID Projects and INGO’s desired
- Fluent in English and Amharic languages is a plus
- Good personal organizational skills
- Ability to work within a multicultural setting
Interested applicants can send their CV and cover letter through ethiojobs on or before August 31, 2021 by 5:00 PM.