|Location||Dire Dawa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 6, 2020|
|Category|| Driver |
|Job Type|| Contract |
The Temporary Driver & Logistic Assistance is mainly responsible for providing transportation service for project staffs, authorized persons and Goods in a timely, safe and cost efficient manner. S/he shall ensure the vehicles used for official & authorized businesspersons in line with organization policies and Ethiopia country traffic rules and road discipline. S/he support the regular procurement, messenger services and field level workshop activities by providing supplies, stationary, and disbursing cash to workshop participants.
The Temporary Driver & Logistic Assistance works under direct supervision of Operations Coordinator. S/he will closely work with PHE Office Operation Team, Finance team, and HR Team.
· Responsible for driving authorized persons and transporting project goods in a timely, safe and cost efficient manner;
· Ensure that the project vehicle is only used for official/ authorized business persons
· Ensure the safety of passengers, shipment and vehicle while strictly observing traffic rules and road discipline;
· Ensuring readiness of the vehicle for transport service (including daily check of water, fuel, engine oil, tires, brakes, fan etc.) other parts of the vehicle prior to driving.
· Responsible for daily cleaning of project vehicles
· Follow up regular maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure road worthiness
· Properly Schedule in town and field trip plan with supervisor
· Maintains records of vehicle usage (including fuel consumption, mileage, and trip logs) and security incident
· Ensure compliance to organization travel policy and vehicle utilization policies.
· Performs project routine business, such as receiving and delivering official project documentation
· Regularly check post office boxes, collect and dispatch letters, parcels and other correspondence
· Support the Project Logistics Coordinator in procurement processes;
· Support field level travel arrangement with supervisor
· Responsible for collecting Quotations, receiving procured goods and arranging transportation to their final destination(s);
· Facilitate Field level workshop via providing office supplies, and handling field cash disbursement to participants.
· Collect and distribute mail and coordinate courier services
Security and Safety
· Ensure that all vehicles are equipped with emergency equipment, accident kits and key fleet policies visible to passengers
· Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor which are in line with the general concept of this position.
- College Diploma/Certificate in Auto Mechanics (10+3) or related fields
· Possession of a valid national driving license- 3rd Grade and/or Above
· 5+ years continuous work experience in a similar organization
· Previous experience performing minor repairs of vehicle is advantageous.
· Prior experience providing administrative and logistical assistance is preferable
· Must be willing to take eye exam before hire and every two years.
· Demonstrated punctuality, attention to detail, patience, good humor and flexibility.
· Ability to speak and written in English and Amharic languages
· Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervision.
· Willing to travel extensively within and outside the region.
Interested applicants can send their CV and cover letter through ethiojobs website on or before 09 August 2020 by 5:00 PM