|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 18, 2022|
|Category|| Finance |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The position holder will be responsible to ensure all cash transactions necessary for effective office running including petty cash management, support cash related project deliverables and maintaining documentation as per the organization regulation.
Accountabilities and Main Work Activities
Plan has a performance management and accountability matrix SOP. Every position holder is expected to adhere to the SOP and review and review her/his responsibility against the accountability matrix.
Review Liquidations of different work & travel advances: -(50%)
- Liquidate project and purchase advances regularly
- Liquidate work advances for Sub offices under Country office
- Ensure timely liquidations of staff travel advance &
- Regularly ensure the availability of proper budget for payment with strict adherence to plan international financial regulation guidelines
- Ensure accuracy and dependability of the financial records frequently
- Ensure completeness of transactions frequently
- Give priority to activities that have impact on children life and emergencies
Prepare different payments: -(20%)
- Prepare staff termination payments for Country office and Field staffs of PIE
- Prepare requests for 3rd party payments
Working on different month end activities: -(15%)
- Prepare and post accrual of staff endowments & Post-Employments (Severance)payments.
- Share & prepare part of monthly, quarterly and year end schedules/Reports, related to the area
- Responsible to review and/or post transactions which do not have conflict to her/his area of duty.
- Responsible to handle the process of accrual nature transactions
- Ensure accruals are reversed with the same GL Codes for accruals, by the time payment for accrued service is completed.
- Ensure the expenditure is recorded within the month it is incurred. Make sure accruals are only set for expenditure that no Purchase Order has been created. If PO has been created and goods/services have been received, then record the GR in the system.
- Prepare Journals/adjustments
- Register fringe benefits for USA Nationals if payment is made by Plan Ethiopia for their services rendered in Ethiopia
Intercompany charges clearance: -(15%)
- Raise sequential references for incoming/outgoing intercompany charges
- Prepare payroll sheet for international staff salary and benefits, calculate income taxes associated with this payment
- Post International payroll & benefit in SAP to their respective appropriate projects (after review by supervisor)
- Work on different inquiries of transaction among PIE and that of different National offices & GH and resolve upcoming issues
- In addition to the above -listed activities, the Finance officer will be doing any other duties assigned by the supervisor and the head of finance.
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Ensures that all staff signed safeguarding policies;
- Implement Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BA Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics with at least 3 years of working experience.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience out of which 1 year at supervisory level
- Sound analytical and problem-solving capability;
- Ability to influence others’ behaviour through effective relationship building; through current knowledge and understanding of relevant policies, frameworks etc.
- In-depth knowledge of project processes, procedures, and systems.
Qualifications/ experience desirable:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of accounting theory, concepts and principles, financial accounting reporting, budgeting, and cost allocations
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Knowledge of Computer applications like Excel, Word, Access and Power point.
- Prior experience in ERP applications (SAP) is a significant advantage.
- Knowledge in bank correspondence and mode of payments.
- Fluency in English language is essential
- Knowledge of Local language is desirable
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
We create a climate of trust inside and outside the organization by being open, honest and transparent. We hold ourselves and others to account for the decisions we make and for our impact on others, while doing what we say we will do.
We strive for lasting impact
We strive to achieve significant and lasting impact on the lives of children and young people, and to secure equality for girls. We challenge ourselves to be bold, courageous, responsive, focused and innovative.
We work well together
We succeed by working effectively with others, inside and outside the organization, including our sponsors and donors. We actively support our colleagues, helping them to achieve their goals. We come together to create and implement solutions in our teams, across Plan International, with children, girls, young people, communities and our partners.
We are inclusive and empowering
We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge inequality in our programmes and our workplace. We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives. We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential.