|Date Posted||December 25, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 and is implementing integrated, community-managed programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recovery of livelihood of the disaster-affected population’s through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions, and emergency response.
Scope of the position
Under the direct supervision of the Senior HR/Admin Manager, HR department the HR/Admin Assistant will perform administrative, office correspondence and other crucial duties in an efficient and professional manner.
- Keep up-dated staff data base,
- Facilitate all HR/Admin Related payments
- Ensure field staff and guests get accommodation accordingly.
- Conduct regular communication and supervisory meetings with staff under supervision,
- Handle the internal and external mail pouches including the post office.
- Initiate and follow-up quarter procurement of office supplies and maintain available stock balance all the time,
- Ensure incoming and outgoing letters are filed on the register book in sequential order and detailed accordingly,
- Maintain up to date record keeping and filing of administrative documents,
- Prepares payroll for temporary workers, and interns,
- Update contact sheet regularly,
- Collect medical receipts from staff members, submit it to the HR focal person in Hawassa to be checked and forwarded to insurance company, keep tracking of it and maintain hard copies of the documents. Distribute the reimbursed amount to staff,
- Maintain up-to-date employee and dependants list for insurance purpose,
- Receives and assists visitors courteously; in answering queries and providing information,
- Facilitate exiting staff matters,
- Performs any additional tasks as assigned by their supervisors.
- Receives incoming telephone messages and dispatch them to the concerned personnel.
- Ensures urgent messages are followed up accordingly by the staff member concerned.
- Foster or register employee person information on the online system.
Qualifications and Experiance
· Diploma/BA degree in Human Resource management, management, Public administration and other related fields.
· 1 years of meaningful work experience for diploma holders or 0 years for BA degree holders.
· NGO experience is a plus.