|Location||Bahirdar, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 22, 2021|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Temporary Scaling-up Advisor
GIZ- Internal / External Vacancy Announcement #014/2021
SLMP with a technical support from GIZ SLM has been working focusing more on land rehabilitation where substantial positive changes have been registered. Never the less the issue of sustainability of rehabilitated watersheds have become a great concern for both partners and communities. To ensure the sustainability of the rehabilitated watersheds a new approach, protection through production, by GZ SURED in collaboration with MOA is being piloted in selected SLMP Wereda.
In accordance with this SURED has been working on four outputs. This is being operated with an intensive technical support by SURED project. The technical support mainly focuses on provision of capacity development measures in the area of strategies, value chains, land use and watershed management in general to partner office for the last two and half years. So far SURED in collaboration with key partners has exerted unreserved efforts to put into practices the main approaches of the project. In line with this Amhara regional SURED office is intensively working on mainstreaming the concept of Protection through Production into the partner system considering few commodities as a show case.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Scaling-up advisor:
- Spearhead and strengthening the already established networking and connecting partners to regional learning platforms for effective mainstreaming and scaling up of SURED concepts
- Co -providing technical assistance and capacity development to partners in the area of key strategic interventions such as Value chain concepts, and scaling up of best practices
- Provide technical backstopping to partner staffs in the mainstreaming and scaling up of establishment of FBS and value chain concepts and applications
- Support partners at different levels in the process of value chain analysis of identified product/commodity; Validate the remaining second wave of NRM based value chain products among selected commodities in the region
- Assess the potential for establishing contractual marketing arrangement between the producers and potential private sector
- Strengthening market linkage/platforms and networking with private sector: facilitate a market linkage with potential markets/private sector;
- Identify capacity gaps in consultation with partner staffs and facilitate execution of planned capacity measures by third parties
- Watersheds/woredas for scaling up of SURED approaches beyond the current project intervention area identified and technical support on the adoption of proved practice provided.
- Perform other duties as required
- BSc/MSc in Business management, Agriculture economics, and other related fields
- At least five years post graduate experience in a rural development context with government and NGOs.
- Demonstrated and proven experience in capacity development approaches
- Expertise in business management, FBS and scaling up concepts and applications
- Hand on experience on input-output marketing with value chain understanding
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Email: email@example.com
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number “Temporary Scaling-up advisor #014/2021” in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorize applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”