|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 11, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Solidaridad is an international civil society organization with more than 50 years of global experience in facilitating the development of socially responsible, ecologically sound and profitable supply chains. Solidaridad works across 12 supply chains and operates through 10 regional offices on 5 continents. Solidaridad is legally established in Ethiopia under Charities Act (registration number 3531). The office re-registered on July 11, 2019 under the CSO proclamation 1113/2019
Our mission is to bring together supply chain players and engage them with innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all stakeholders.
The purpose of this TOR is that solidaridad support 24 factories in Better Mill initiative (BMI) program. The program aims to have Sustainable and inclusive growth of the Ethiopian textile sector .The program support to ensure the textile factories have sustainable and better working condition, jobs and production. The organization wants to give Occupational health and safety TOT training by external body for the factory healthy and safety team members
The organization is supporting the suppliers to improve their working conditions from primary hazardous accidents with the long-term aim of improving their capability of implementing safety management and able to respond for emergency.
Objectives of the training
The main objective of this training is: to equip trainees with essential knowledge and skills of safety management and to have fast response for emergency. The training helps trainer to understand and implement of respond emergency, analysing and taking measures on highly risk areas and preventing hazardous risks in human life. The trainers use training methods that will allow that recipients to then pass knowledge gained to and employees within the factories.
At the end of the training, the trainer will write a training manual for the OHS team in order that members of the OHS team can use it as reference.
The training we need will enable us to improve capacity of OHS team able to understand and implement safety management and emergency responses to manage more effectively accidents and emergency happen in the working area .In order to take advantage of these opportunities our partners factories ensure that can manage OHS team able to analyse, reduce, removed and how to handle hazardous in working area.
We are therefore seeking to appoint a service provider who would be able to train factory OHS team in OHS TOT training at the highest quality.
Once this training has taken, our expectation would be that these trainees will then be able to commence a TOT programme to ensure knowledge is filtered down to the entire team and factories.
In addition the service provider is to produce a training manual for our candidates to enable them to pass on skills gained to their colleagues within their factories.
Fore More Information Click here: OHS TOR 2022 Solidaridad.docx
By the end of the training The Consultant shall produce the following for the trainees:
- Acquiring a new skill / highly skilled workforce in OHS
- Acquire basic skills of accidental emergency handling
- Acquiring hazardous control measures
- Acquiring safety measures and management.
- Able to deliver those knowledge and skill for their factories members.
- Able to understand Hazard identification and do risk assessment.
- Emergency Procedure, type of emergencies
- Able to understand Types of emergencies
- Acquiring how to do Evacuation drill
- able to assign Assembly points, exit routes, other emergency communications
- How to use Fire extinguishers, kind and placement of fire extinguisher
- To be agreed with the consultant with organization.
- The contract might continue for the next year at the same time.
- Proven experience in giving training on the occupational health and safety training
- Proven experience in given training specially for textile factories supply chains
- Knowledge of local culture and language
- Proven ability to use train the trainer methods.
- Able to deliver to tight deadlines
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Knowledge on safe use and handling first aid tools.
- Knowledge of developing training manuals
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Has registration license giving occupational and health training from the government body.
- Has VAT registration, TIN registration and renewed business license,