|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 6, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Contract |
1. INTRODUCTION/BACK GROUND
Oxford Policy Management (OPM) is a UK based international development consulting firm which aims to help low- and middle-income countries achieve growth and reduce poverty and disadvantage through public policy reform.
Oxford Policy Management Limited is a company registered in Ethiopia under Commercial Registration No. MT/AA/2/0051642/2012 and Business Licence No. MT/AA/2/0051642/2012 and it’s engaged in various Policy Management activities.
The Building Resilience in Ethiopia (BRE) programme is co-funded by FCDO and USAID and is intended to assist Ethiopia become more resilient to climate and humanitarian shocks. It is a three year (2019-2022) technical assistance project that is implemented by Oxford Policy Management (OPM) and operates under a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed by the Ministry of Finance (MoF) and FCDO in June 2019.
BRE provides Technical Assistance across four work streams: Disaster Risk Management (DRM), Scalable Safety Nets (SSN), Public Health Emergency Management and Disaster Risk Finance. BRE works closely with the following Government institutions: the National Disaster Risk Management Commission (NDRMC), the Ministry of Agriculture (MOA), the Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI)/Ministry of Health (MOH) and the Ministry of Finance (MOF).
Currently OPM- BRE Office has a total staff of 24 and it is expanding program operations through working in collaboration with the ministry of Finance, Ministry of Health, and National Disaster Risk Management Commission with a project budget of amounting 30 Million Pound sterling (GBP).
Oxford Policy Management would like to negotiate a contract with the most competent and up to date financial service providers (Banks), fully accredited by the National Bank of Ethiopia for its financial transaction and other banking services.
3. FINANCIAL STATISTICS
Transactions made to the BRE project from the UK head office in GBP
Transactions within the country is in the local currency (ETB)
4. OBLIGATIONS OF THE FINANCIAL SERVICE PROVIDER/BANK
1. Give a full-fledged financial/banking service on at least two main branches operating nearby OPM-BRE office.
2. The financial service provider/bank shall advise OPM-BRE office of cash limit and other relevant information every time withdrawals are made to avoid unnecessary correspondences.
3. The financial service provider/bank shall promptly issue and deliver detailed monthly bank statement, financial transactions made, cashbook (in printed and electronic format) showing the accurate financial status of OPM-BRE, the financial service provider shall keep OPM-BRE Office informed of schedule changes, as well as other alterations and new conditions affecting the financial service provided and amend any changes.
4. Provide timely information on the Country’s financial policy, any major changes that affect the financial sector and other government restrictions.
5. OPM recognizes the importance of confidentiality of the data provided and the financial reports and transactions of the company, its partners & customers; accordingly, the selected financial service providers/banks must keep all information provided to them confidential at all times.
5. OBLIGATIONS OF OPM
OPM shall furnish to the following on requesting service:
1. Full Names and legal signatories of the company
2. Preferred financial reporting dates and any confirmation inquiries via email/telephone in case of connection problems.
3. Provide all the necessary details of beneficiaries during bank transfer requests
6. PREQUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
The financial service provider intending to submit a proposal should have the organisational and technical capacity, experience and professionalism to provide the required services outlined in the Terms of Reference. Financial Service providers should be able to demonstrate proof of past and/or present experience and resources available to carry out the service requirements, and have the integrity and proven reliability to ensure good performance.
1. Demonstrate experience in providing corporate financial services.
2. Demonstrate your competencies in using of up to date financial/banking technologies
3. Describe in detail your ability to secure the lowest applicable published and or negotiated interest fares for loans.
4. Please describe how your system works with both Domestic and International financial service providers/banks.
5. In case of Emergency, please describe how you would assist OPM and also after office hours.
6. Name of Individual(s) who will be responsible for the OPM account and their qualifications;
7. Provide any special features, programmes or services beneficial to OPM-BRE Office and its staffs and making banking unique.
8. Provide the maximum approved amount of foreign currency for staff travel
9. Provide door to door service
General Company Information
1. Main office location and addresses of all branch offices if any;
2. Copy of registration at the Ethiopians Bankers Association certificate and any other professional body you belong to.
3. Registration Details-Copy of Certificate of Registration, Licenses if any, TIN, VAT.
4. List of Corporate clients e.g. International Organizations, Embassies, Multi-national companies and the contact person details.
If successful, the financial service provider/bank will enter into contract with OPM.
The contract duration will be for a period of One year (with possibility of extension) unless terminated earlier. Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, OPM reserves the right to terminate the contract at any time:
a. On 1 months’ notice in the event of change of ownership of the financial service provider/bank or in the event the financial service provider/bank fails to maintain performance and service standards set forth in the contract or
b. Immediately in the event the financial service provider/bank entering into liquidation, receivership, bankruptcy or defaults in statutory payments.
9. PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
Completed proposals including all the requirements and details specified should be delivered to OPM office in sealed envelopes clearly marked: EVALUATION COMMITTEE- FINANCIAL SERVICE/BANKING SERVICE PROVISION by close of business on 9 July 2021 (4 PM at the latest).
OPM will not accept any Proposal submitted in any other way.
Incomplete proposals will not be considered.