|Date Posted||June 29, 2021|
|Category|| Consultancy |
|Job Type|| Contract |
About Finnish Refugee Council (FRC)
Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) (www.refugeecouncil.fi) is an international non-governmental organisation with Head Office in Helsinki. FRC advocates for the rights of refugees, displaced populations and migrants, and supports their new beginning. By reinforcing equality and creating opportunities for everyone to lead a good life, FRC promotes the establishment of stable and peaceful societies.
Education forms the foundations of an equal society, and FRC´s activities place emphasis on capacity building for the most vulnerable members of societies as well as for community-based organisations, thus strengthening basic democratic structures.
FRC has been registered in Ethiopia and accorded legal personality with Registry Number 4184 on 11th of June 2019 as a Foreign Organisation.
This consultancy falls under the frame of the project titled “Functional Adult Literacy for enhanced refugees´ resilience in Gambela Region” which aims at increasing the access to Functional Adult Literacy (FAL) for vulnerable South Sudanese refugees and host community members in Gambela Region. At the core of the proposed action there is the access to Functional Adult Literacy (FAL) courses for vulnerable refugees and host community members. Literacy skills are essential preconditions to informed decision making, personal empowerment, active and passive participation in local as well as wider society. Access to functional literacy is expected to bring about positive effects on targeted learners, especially empowering targeted women and PWDs.
Scope of Work
FRC is looking to contract professional consultant(s) who will develop training materials and deliver training on disability inclusion for FRC staff from Gambella field office and Addis Ababa country office.
The training will be provided to 15 FRC staff members for 3 days on disability inclusion based on the Washington group definitions and guidelines. At the end of the training, staff members will have the skills and knowledge of disability inclusion in theory and practice, relating it to also gender and other identified vulnerabilities and identify and report on the same in FRC’s current project interventions. They will be able to confidently discuss issues of disability inclusion in the development and humanitarian interventions, and mainstream inclusion in different stages of project/programme cycles.
Training topics should include but are not limited to the following areas:
- International Framework/Conventions and GoE Plans for inclusion
- Key concepts and definitions in disability inclusion and inclusive development (Washington Group criteria to be used)
- Disability, gender and vulnerability and links with rights based approach to inclusion
- How to communicate with PWD and data and info collection (Washington Group questions etc.)
- Barriers to inclusion and how to create a disability friendly and accessible environment
- Mapping of and referral to service providers specialised in disability
- Disability inclusion in development /humanitarian response interventions (including project/programme cycle
- How to assess the level of inclusion in field operations (Washington Group guidelines)
- How to identify and analyse inclusion in projects/programmes (Washington Group guidelines)
- Data and information collection on disability (Washington Group
- Training has been planned for the third week of August in2021. The training will be held in Addis Ababa. The training date will be confirmed with the selected trainer based on the availability of trainees and any emerging travel restriction due to security and COVID-19.
- Training materials and plan
- 15 staff members trained on the theory and practice of inclusion with a focus on disability but also in reference to gender and other identified vulnerabilities
- Training report including evaluation and recommendations for future actions
- Using adult learning and participatory approaches including practical exercises, e.g. a field visit to a relevant disability inclusive organization/institution can be supported
- The language of training is English
FRC Ethiopia seeks to engage a service provider, companies and individual consultants to provide training service (produce training material, deliver training, and produce training report with evaluation) on disability inclusion for 15 professional staff for three (3 days).
Detailed Services Required by FRC Ethiopia
Interested and eligible bidders are encouraged to apply to bid for the following 3 major elements of training service specifying unit cost per service.
Task 2. Deliver training on disability inclusion (gender and other vulnerabilities mainstreamed) for three (3) days
Task 3. Produce training report.
Duration of the Assignment
Starting in August 2021, the consultant shall complete all the assigned tasks in 10 working days (negotiable depending on the preparatory discussions between the parties), all including, not later than the end of August 2021.
The tentative work plan for the activities to be carried out is given below:
|Activity||Month of delivery||Duration (days)|
|1||Develop training material or manual for the training on inclusion|
(Inception meeting to be included)
|August 2021||5 days|
|2||Deliver training||August 2021||3 days|
|3||Produce training report||August 2021||2 days|
Please note, that the payment of professional fees will be based on submission of agreed satisfactory deliverables. As it will be further specified in the service contract, FRC reserves the right to withhold payment in case the deliverables submitted are not up to the required standard or in case of delays in submitting the deliverables on the part of the consultant.
The agreement will be awarded based on the criterion of best price-quality ratio. Applicants that fulfill the minimum requirements for technical and professional eligibility will be shortlisted for technical and financial evaluation as per the below criteria.
The following criteria will apply:
- Financial (20%)
- Work Plan and Methodology (50%)
- Qualification and Relevant Prior Experience (30%)
Qualifications and Competency
The service provider is required to provide documents that show the following experience and competency
- Company profile that shows its size and staff composition and for individual consultants with consultancy license and technical staff profile.
- CVs of experts that demonstrate relevant prior experience and qualifications
- Relevant sector-specific experience and qualifications/professional affiliation in special needs education, disability and inclusion or related fields
- Experience in adult learning/training
- Strong Experience conducting trainings on inclusion (disability, gender etc.)
- Provide proof of having deliver similar services. Letters of reference from at least three contactable referees must also be submitted.
- Licensed in Ethiopia with a VAT registration certificate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill in English
If interested in this consultancy, please submit your proposal documents as listed below and in pdf format, by email on email@example.com by 15th July, 2021 at 4pm
- Cover letter
- Proposed Work Plan & Methodology
- Company Profile where applicable and/or the updated CV(s) of the Consultant(s) / Registration details
- Financial proposal that will include your daily rate (in ETB) to undertake the terms of reference.
All documents to be submitted in pdf.
For any queries, please contact us on email on firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on FRC and our approach, please visit: https://pakolaisapu.fi/en/ and for materials available online: https://pakolaisapu.fi/en/materials/