|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 28, 2021|
|Category|| Consultancy |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Ethiopian Women Lawyers Association (EWLA) is a non-profit women's advocacy group founded by Ethiopian women lawyers. It began its work in 1996 after being registered in 1995. It has been re-registered as a charitable organization by the Charities and Societies Agency in 2010 as per the Charities and Societies Proclamation. EWLA’s mission is promoting the economic, political, social and legal rights of women and to that end assist them to secure full protection of their rights under the Constitution of Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and other international human rights conventions.
Therefore, as part of its mission and vision EWLA is a grantee of USAID Feteh Activity Ethiopia and implementing a six month grant called Enhancing Women Engagement to Enable Gender Responsive Judicial and Legal Reforms. The General Objective of this grant is to protect women from denial and violation of their rights through initiating for justice and legal reform to ensure laws better reflect women’s protection and enhance access to justice efficiently. This grant is Implemented in Adama (Oromia region), Bahir Dar (Amhara region), Awassa (SNNPRS), Assosa (Benshangul/Gumuz Region), Gambela (Gambel region), Semera (Afar), Jijiga (Somali) and Addis Ababa.
EWLA works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls, the empowerment of women, and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Therefore, to Increase awareness on the judicial review of the new administrative procedure Law amongst stakeholders which helps women’s access to justice, EWLA would like to hire seven consultants to provide training on judicial review of the New Administrative Procedure Law in Addis Ababa, Diredawa, Bahirdar, Hawassa, Gambella, Assossa and Adama for two days
Gender sensitivity should be ensured in the administrative act of agencies in accordance with the assigned authority and justice standards. The primary objective of the training is to increase capacity of legal professionals and stakeholders on reformed laws and reporting of court cases and to support the intervention sites so that gender sensitivity is in place and women and girls are being served up to the standards.
The training will cover the following specific objectives,
- Ensure that all training participants at the intervention site gain the necessary knowledge on the new administrative procedure Law
- The training will positively change participants’ attitude, and they start to appreciate and advocate the importance or the new administrative procedure Law.
- Training participants will acquire new skills and sharpen their skills on how to ensure the new administrative procedure Law.
Scope of Work
The Consultants are expected to lead the training, by bringing their expertise on judicial review of administrative acts, to the seven intervention sites. The consultant will also ensure that trainings planned based on the needs and objective of the project.
- Prepare the training content plan.
- Prepare the training process and materials according to the plan.
- Deliver training session.
- Prepare a training report.
This assignment will take place for a day from the signing of the contract by both parties. The consultant should bring the detail work plan as part of inception report.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Consultants should have at least a BA degree in disciplines relevant to the assignment, such as, communication, journalism, Gender studies, Sociology, Community Development, Leadership, or a related field.
- At least 6 years of work experience
- Experience in conducting trainings on gender equality and related concepts
- Fluency in English and Amharic (written and oral)
Company Legal Requirements: Interested applicants should submit:
- Valid Certificate of Consultancy Service
- Valid Trading License
- Valid Tax Registration Certificate (indicating TIN and VAT Number)
- Full and accurate physical, postal, telephone and email addresses
- Application Procedure
All interested consultants can apply by presenting the following documents:
- Letter of Application
- Comprehensive technical and financial proposal
- Reference/certificates of good completion proving that the consultants have carried out similar assignments.
- Updated CVs for the team of consultants
Interested applicants should submit separate technical and financial proposals and other documents in the application procedure section of this TOR in two sealed envelopes through following address
EWLA Head Office
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org