|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 7, 2021|
|Category|| Consultancy |
|Job Type|| Contract |
TERMS OF REFERENCE (“ToR”) FOR
Consultancy service provision on Environmental Audit for selected four tanneries and assessment of the existing environmental situation of Modjo city
With 50 years of experience Globally in facilitating the development of socially responsible, ecologically sound and profitable supply chains, Solidaridad is a frontrunner in the area of sustainable economic development. Solidaridad is a global civil society organization that provides market driven solutions for sustainable production practices across different supply chains. We envision a world in which all we produce, and all we consume, can sustain us while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations.
Our mission is to bring together supply chain players and engage them with innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all stakeholders. Solidaridad, Ethiopia is currently implementing initiatives in the cotton, textile, leather & coffee commodities in collaboration with the Ethiopian government and private sector partners & stakeholders.
Solidaridad established a country office in Ethiopia since November 2015 with registration # 3531. The office re-registered on July 11, 2019 under the CSO proclamation 1113/2019. Currently, Solidaridad, Ethiopia with other two consortium members have been undertaking EU funded project called LISEC-JOBS. The main objective of the project is to strengthen social cohesion by supporting local economic and social development initiatives, especially for women and youth living in Modjo area; and enhancing industrial and labour relations. Specific objectives of the project are: to improve skills and access to decent and green (self) employment opportunities for youth/women and nearby communities around leather industries, to improve capacities of tanneries and other leather actors in waste management and manufacturing practices and to improve social cohesion in Modjo and nearby communities.
In an effort of realizing the broader objective of the project initiatives, Solidaridad, Ethiopia is currently working towards strengthening the overall technical knowledge and understanding of the core project actors and beneficiaries on the theories, best practices and other elements and/or aspects of tannery solid waste management and it conversion in to valuable products. To this end, the project office in Ethiopia seeks to engage global renowned international research and/or academic (training) institution to carryout out detailed training needs assessment; and based on the assessment, develop a comprehensive training module on the management and utilization of tannery solid wastes; and conduct tailor made training of trainers (ToTs) so as to enhance the knowledge and skills of key industrial operators and leather processing experts, among others.
You can get the full description of the advert from the link below
Requirements for Experience and Qualifications
The audit team is expected to be a firm with appropriate and sufficient capabilities, resources, and experience to execute the full extent of the scope of services to a very high quality. The team will mainly comprise of relevant experts in environmental management, social risk management, and other experts in specific topics such as OHS and community, health and safety. The team must have experience in environmental and social assessments and risk management in leather industries projects.
- The team leader for this assignment must have more than 10 years of experience in environmental auditing, impact assessment conducting and related activities in the leather sector with minimum Master’s degree in direct relevant fields
- Strong and demonstrated interpersonal skills, and experience communicating with senior government officials, communities and large groups of people, ability to organize and conduct technical workshops related to audit findings;
- Excellent working knowledge of leather industries in Ethiopian legislation and regulations related to environmental and social risk management,
- Field experience and good knowledge of the implementation of leather projects including Environmental and Social Framework (ESF) is desirable;
- Proven writing and analytical skills, ability to initiate innovative approaches;
- Proven ability to work as a team-player with multi-tasking skills, experience in facilitation, presentation, communication and computational skills, resourcefulness, attention to details and client orientation
Interested eligible bidders may submit their proposal through email (only technical, financial proposal, and supporting legal documents) detailing the relevant costs for carrying out the assignment as well as the consolidated cost along with documents to support qualification and experience. The bidder is expected to submit the proposal electronically
1) only the technical proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org
2) financial proposal and other legal supporting documents to email@example.com
NB: Only a successful firm shall be contacted. If you don’t hear from us in 2 weeks after the deadline considers yourself unsuccessful. Any form of canvassing will lead to disqualification.