|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 28, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The International Institute for Primary Health Care – Ethiopia (IPHC-E) is an organization affiliated with the Ministry of Health of Ethiopia (MOH-E). We provide technical assistance to countries building strong Primary Health Care systems, through capacity building training, program design, and implementation. We also support the MOH through evidence-based policy recommendations, training of PHC leaders, implementation of innovation labs, and engagement in PHC-related policy and strategy designs. To contribute to our mission, IPHC-E, in collaboration with the MOH-E, is hosting an International Pre-Conference on Primary Health Care, held virtually from September 7-8, 2022 from 2-4pm EAT. This meeting is a prelude to the main International Conference on Primary Health Care (ICPHC) occurring in 2023 that will be focused on investments needed in PHC for global health strengthening. The pre-conference event will be a unique opportunity to exchange best practices and innovative ideas with one another in order to push the needle forward in PHC. The theme for this two-day virtual pre-conference is Primary Health Care in the face of a changing world: the past, present, future, as well as challenges and opportunities for financing PHC. Participants will hear from both high level and youth speakers that will provide their perspectives on next steps to achieve better health systems globally.
Therefore, this pre-conference gathering targets regions and countries worldwide. The current floor language is in English. Interpretations into French and Amharic are required to accommodate both speaker and participant needs. Considering the current geographical distribution of our registrants, IPHC-E seeks a highly qualified service provider with sufficient capacity to undertake live interpretations from English to French and from French to English in an efficient and reliable manner.
Expected text volume to be interpreted
We expect to include interpretation for a total of 6 virtual concurrent sessions that are 1 hour long. Total time for required interpretation is 200 minutes. A detailed document with potential content to be interpreted will be provided to the firm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
High-quality, human-reviewed interpretation -Native (Native Level) Speaker
- Provide interpretation of all live conference content;
- Ensure high quality of interpretation, accurately reflecting the meaning found in the original source language (English) and rendering that meaning in the interpreted work, taking into consideration the health context
- Be in direct contact with an IPHC-E’s Advocacy & Partnership team member to discuss the precise scope of work and any specific expectations for each virtual concurrent session to be interpreted.
- Coordinate with platform administrators from TechChange to conduct a briefing and be in direct contact with the TechChange project manager and team.
Quality checks to include:
- Proper internet connectivity
- Compatible and appropriate equipment check
- Interpretations are needed in one language, bidirectionally.
- English to French
- 2. French to English
- The interpretation firm should have a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in technical interpretation in multiple sectors and various clients. Expertise in live interpretation on Primary Health Care, the general medical industry, or related health fields is a requirement. Client experience in conference interpretations for organizations such as the UN, AU, American embassy, intergovernmental organizations or governments is also a requirement as this is a high level international conference with participants from all around the world.
- Technical competencies and qualifications of proposed interpreters should be demonstrated,including CVs, and certifications, such as ISO standards, or similar certifications.
- Proven ability and capacity to deliver timely, live interpretations. Interpretation firms should be familiar with the format of virtual conference sessions.
- Must be able to access a reliable internet source to sustain connectivity throughout the event as well as have proper equipment which will be checked by TechChange.
- Provide names and points of contact information for three (3) current references (include email address).