|Date Posted||July 22, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The position holder shall be in charge of technical quality implementation of the TFU/SC activities in the Woreda. S/He will mainly be responsible for the bi-weekly/monthly implementation of the SC routine activity works in collaboration with the government most importantly the Woreda Health Office. Provide on job training to for HW/HEW and provide a consistent and high quality technical support in relation to establishing and strengthening Stabilizing Centre.
S/He will monitor Community Health Workers and volunteers in strengthening the community mobilization and outreach component of the program.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Coordinate and facilitate implementation of activities and prepare weekly movement plan to SC/TFU sites
- Monitor implementation of SC/TFU and program quality
- Facilitate essential drugs, supplies and therapeutic products
- Facilitate training, work closely with MOH staffs at Health posts, Health center and hospital, and district level.
- Organize daily, weekly and monthly over view and reports of SC/TFU
- Ensure children discharged from SC/TFU are transferred to nearby OTP to continue their therapeutic treatment
- Adherence to medical and nutritional treatment protocols and procedures for children and infants in C/TFU
- Provide onsite training to HEW and nurses on the Management of SAM (-/++)
- Ensure Job aids are available in Health posts (HEW quick reference, Look up table, report format, tally sheet, Plump nut and drug stock control balance form)
- Receive weekly reports from HEW at weekly basis, cross check the completeness and accuracy, and submit to Woreda Project CMAM officer
- Mentoring and assist HEW in decision of patients who are at severe risks and need to be transferred to nearby hospital
- Assist HEWs in identifying patients who need to be transferred to OTP, patients with failure-to respond to treatment and patients who need to be discharged.
- Facilitate training and work closely with Woreda Health staffs at Health posts, Health centre and district level.
- Ensure Job aids are available in Health posts (HEW quick reference, Look up table, report format, tally sheet, and stock balance control
- In charge of SC quality program implementation and monthly SC activity
- Supports the program integration with health office and WHO through on job trainings and supervisions
Technical Support role
- Support communities to increase their knowledge and skills through training, exposure and joint actions
- Strengthen community self-mobilization through their leaders for participation in their planning, implementation and monitoring of activities
- Share latest development ideas and appropriate technologies to community members/groups
- Share information on support and cooperation opportunities with communities and other stakeholders
- Use a variety of extension methods, which are suited to the situation, andbuild the capacities (knowledge, and skills) of communities
- Promote constructive customary mechanisms and institution building with in communities
- Promote adoption of approaches that leads to sustainable development
- Build communities' management skills in analysis and reflection processes, setting goals for improvements, planning implementation steps, taking action, and monitoring progress
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Bachelor Degree/Diploma in Nursing, Public Health or other related fields
- Minimum two years working experience with NGOs out of which one year in OTP/TFU/TSFP settings.
- Knowledge, training and experience in management of MAM and SAM with/without medical complication
- Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Demonstrated skills in peer group training, Training of Trainers and development of training materials.
- Strong computer (Microsoft skills), and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Good command in written and spoken English and Local language (Somali) (Mandatory)
- Good human relation skills.
- Respect of Save the Children rules by anyone visiting the program;
- Willingness to work under pressure and extra hours
- Position holder must have good interpersonal skills & excellent team player
- Knowledge of the local language (Somali language)
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. The duty station of the position holder will be in Shilabo & Dobo-weyn Woredas of Korahey Zone Somali Regional State in Ethiopia. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should apply using the
below link: https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl
on or before 13 July, 2020
Note: that Internet connection of Ethiopia is Off/suspended, so that you can apply as offline and drop your CV and Application to Gode and Kabridahar Office gate
If internet connection restored before the deadline of the vacancy again you have to apply through above SCI link
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Jul 24, 2020