|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 7, 2020|
|Category|| Consultancy |
|Job Type|| Contract |
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 26 of countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV, Netherlands Development Organization, is operating in Ethiopia since the 1970s. Currently, SNV Ethiopia is working in eight regional states and the two city administrations of Ethiopia, providing technical assistance and program implementation in Agriculture, WASH, and Energy Sectors. SNV is an open and learning organization that focuses on improving the lives of Ethiopian through a market based approach inclusive of women and youth. In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change including strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. For more information on SNV's operations, visit our website: www.snvworld.org.
The USAID Transform WASH Project (2017-2021) is being implemented by a consortium of partners - PSI, SNV, Plan and IRC WASH. The purpose of the project is to reduce preventable deaths and illnesses in Ethiopia due to diarrheal disease, particularly among children under five. Through development and testing of scalable and replicable market-based models, the Transform WASH project is supporting the Government of Ethiopia to increase use of improved WASH products and services.
The purpose of the assignment is to develop a comprehensive training manual that provides guidance and tools for BDS providers and TVETs to be able to support local WASH private actors–at woreda, zonal , and regional levels -in understanding the various market-based WASH and related WASH service delivery options, and in developing business, sales and marketing skills. The accompanying training facilitators guide will complement the training manual and enable BDS providers and TVETs as facilitators to provide the training to local WASH private sector actors in a simple, clear and participatory manner.
Qualifications required for this consultancy assignments:
- Master in Public Health with an environmental health background
- Master in marketing, business or economics
- Curriculum development professional
Work experiences required for this consultancy assignment include:
- Previous experience in developing training manuals and facilitator guides and applying adult learning methodologies in trainings
- Experience in community mobilization and market development
- Experience in business design and management
- Experience in the WASH sector, particularly sanitation, is an advantage.
- Excellent and proven English writing skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, and ability to coordinate with various entities
- Experience in and knowledge of the rural sanitation and hygiene sub-sector in Ethiopia
- Experience in entrepreneurship
- Global experience in marketing, business development and management is an asset
Technical Competencies required for this consultancy assignment include:
- Knowledge of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) areas
- Technical knowledge of the theories, principles and methods in the following areas: One WASH National program, country hygiene and sanitation strategy, WASH monitoring and evaluation, market based WASH approaches, water supply and sanitation technologies, WASH market actors in Ethiopia, latrine technology options, manual and community based water supply and sanitation.
- Water supply system and sanitation technologies with a focus on low-cost WASH products and services.
The detailed terms of reference and information on how to apply can be obtained by clicking the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j-uH3I-rsxJWRp_sjQnfIf6_72MXDmzX/view?usp=sharing
Both the technical and financial proposals should be in a separate sealed and stamped envelope by writing the name of the specific assignment.
2% withholding tax will be deducted from the consultant fees at the source and will be paid by SNV – Ethiopia, assuming a TIN number and license can be provided, otherwise 30% withholding tax will be deducted.
Proposals must be received by SNV Addis Ababa office to the address below no later than 5:00 PM on 14 August, 2020.
All submissions should be sent to: SNV Ethiopia, Human Resource Office, Africa Avenue; In front of the Millennium Hall; Next to the new Ethiopian Airlines five-star hotel under construction; 200 meter from the main road at the right side; telephone: +251 (0)11 616 6232
For any clarification and questions use the following email : email@example.com.
SNV Ethiopia reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
NB. All submissions shall be in hard copy. Soft copy submission will not be accepted.