|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 21, 2020|
|Category|| Consultancy |
Human Resource / HR
|Job Type|| Contract |
The Ethiopian Women Lawyers Association (EWLA) is a non-profit women's advocacy group founded by Ethiopian women lawyers. It began its work in 1996 after being registered in 1995. It has been re-registered as a charitable organization by the Charities and Societies Agency in 2010 as per the Charities and Societies Proclamation. EWLA has a vision to see a country where women are equal to men and with a mission on promoting the economic, political, social and legal rights of women and to that end assist them to secure full protection of their rights under the Constitution of Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and other international human rights conventions.
EWLA has been partnering with CSSPII project which granted EWLA to strengthen its internal capacity with other elements in the project. Based on this EWLA, would like to update its existing HR manual contracting with external consultant.
To review and update the existing HR manual and develop improved processes in line with international best practices and incorporate comments from recent due diligence conducted by third parties .
Scope of the work
Carry out an assessment of the existing operational procedures and practices and identify gaps and areas which may require improvement and strengthening
The following steps have to be carries out consequent to this:
- Review background documents which include due diligence reports undertaken by prospective funding partners
- Familiarize themselves with existing EWLA operational polices
- Liase with EWLA staff ,board and auditors
- Ensure a participatory process in coming up with the revised operational polices
- Facilitate session with board and staff on the new policy
Duration and placement
The contract period is one month from date of agreement with successful consultant
|Comprehensive manual on HR policies and procedures||40%|
|Report and training to the target group||40%|
The consultancy will be expected to deliver, at the minimum, the following outputs:
- An inception work plan within two weeks of commencement of the assignment.
- Revised HR manual
- Review job descriptions and promotion scale
- Conduct a salary/wage market survey for similar jobs in like-minded organizations
- Based on the assessment, modify, propose and develop comprehensive HR policies and procedures in English and Amharic manual that respond to equal opportunity for recruitment, clear payroll scale, equal access to trainings, incentives based on productivity, fair remuneration package, disciplinary procedures and complaining system, employees’ social protection/ insurance plans, promotion scale, working hours and motivation scheme
- Session with board members on the new
Interested qualified consultants are invited to submit a proposal that includes the following:
- An understanding of the requirements
- Methodology and work plan for performing the assignment
- Project delivery plans
- Team composition and task assignment
- Detailed reference list indicating the scope and magnitude of similar assignments
- Registration and other relevant statutory documents
- In The CV. Each CV should be no longer than three pages and contain relevant information only.
- case of a consultant organization, a brief capabilities statement of the consultant organization and/or brief description of relevant (similar) consultancies that would qualify for this assignment
- Technical and financial proposals will need to be submitted as separate documents.
Interested applicant please send your proposal with in 7 days of the vacancy via email@example.com